The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology G543

Scroll to see replies

Original post by artemis96
Does anyone else feel really screwed for this exam ?:frown:
Seriously, all those studies.....

Yep, so screwed! What do you need to get?
This thread is a little quiet. annoying thing is that we can't even predict which questions they'll ask because they have so much to choose from....anyway, how is everyone's revision going? 1 week exactly!
Original post by cherryred90s
This thread is a little quiet. annoying thing is that we can't even predict which questions they'll ask because they have so much to choose from....anyway, how is everyone's revision going? 1 week exactly!

Revision is not going well!!! I can't remember the studies, how much have you done?
Reply 83
I have done hardly any because my other subjects were worrying me more and now I'm in deep doo doo. Feel relatively OK with the research methods paper though.
Original post by cherryred90s

I know but if you look earlier on I posted the studies/theories that have not yet appeared/appeared a long time ago and that my teacher thinks are likely to appear this year.

I think my revision is going pretty well, I made revision cards of all the studies throughout the year so now I just read over them and get my mum to test me on them every single day so that I'm constantly talking about them. I've also done a few practice questions I was given.

A little bit concerned about part B questions so just hoping that they'll be something I can just make up like I was able to in my mock.
Any predictions for section B?
How much revision a day is everyone doing?
I'm feeling really stressed right now! They must think we're robots, having to learn all those studies! :frown: How in depth is everyone learning them? Numbers are justgoin straight over my head!
Original post by SophF_rth
Yep, so screwed! What do you need to get?

I need a B hahah but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen at all... I would honestly be happy with a C. What about you ?
I need a B hahah but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen at all... I would honestly be happy with a C. What about you ?

That's exactly the same as me. For my uni I need a B but I'm thinking hopefully they'll let me in with one grade lower and I'm choosing that to be Psychology because it's horrid!
Original post by Parahopeful
I'm feeling really stressed right now! They must think we're robots, having to learn all those studies! :frown: How in depth is everyone learning them? Numbers are justgoin straight over my head!

I'm in the same boat as you, just can't seem to remember anything :frown:( i'm just trying to keep re-reading my notes and make sure I know at least the aim, most of the procedure, conclusion and participants (so tricky though due to there being so many studiesss) and some context. It's such a horrible exam!

I don't understand it either, plus I have two exams before Psychology which is just urgh! Learning studies i not going well...
That's exactly the same as me. For my uni I need a B but I'm thinking hopefully they'll let me in with one grade lower and I'm choosing that to be Psychology because it's horrid!

Same here! I'm just worried I might get a D though as that's the way it's looking at the moment :frown: It's an awful exam, seriously, whose idea was it to do this to us... What course have you applied for ? :smile:
I'm in the same boat as you, just can't seem to remember anything :frown:( i'm just trying to keep re-reading my notes and make sure I know at least the aim, most of the procedure, conclusion and participants (so tricky though due to there being so many studiesss) and some context. It's such a horrible exam!

I think the worst part is that theres only two questions on each topic! So im learning 75 studies yet will only need a small fraction of those!!
I don't understand it either, plus I have two exams before Psychology which is just urgh! Learning studies i not going well...

No way can I learn numbers!! Can't bring myself to revise it all its too scary! How are you revising it?
Reply 95
I'm really worried
I think the worst part is that theres only two questions on each topic! So im learning 75 studies yet will only need a small fraction of those!!

Oh damn you're doing all 75, my school only made us learn 54 which is lucky I guess but still not easy.... What do you need in psych?
Same here! I'm just worried I might get a D though as that's the way it's looking at the moment :frown: It's an awful exam, seriously, whose idea was it to do this to us... What course have you applied for ? :smile:

Yea, I'm worried I'm going to JUST miss the C. I worked out today that I get get two average Ds and get a C overall (this is my motivation :tongue:) Just hoping they'll be nice to us as I think its a new syllabus being taught this September. Politics, and you? Strangely enough my sisters studied Psychology for their degrees and I hate it!
Original post by Abzz789
I'm really worried

I'm so scared it's making me feel physically sick when I think about it :frown:
Original post by kirsty11111
No way can I learn numbers!! Can't bring myself to revise it all its too scary! How are you revising it?

I do Maths so I've had enough of numbers :angry: For this unit i'm just trying to remember the studies by reciting them, but i've left it waaay too late. Then on Saturday I'm going to look at past papers Qs. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending