The Student Room Group

English Literature - Two weeks without a teacher to memorise and revise 15 poems!

So, it's the two weeks Easter holiday and everyone is having fun except the year 11's. Since our English department has been seriously messed up (head of English changing multiple times), every single set, except the 1st and 2nd cannot do literature as an English GCSE. I am in the 2nd set. I have to do Literature - which is an advantage for me because I get an extra GCSE.But. This results in me having difficulties because my teacher gave us only two weeks to revise and memorise 15 poems! Which by the way, I have never done before in my life! As scared as I am, I have only gotten through 2 in the first half of the holiday! I just need some guidance on how I can get through 15 poems in such a short amount of time because I obviously have 8 other GCSE's that I have to focus on!
you can wing english gcse on the day of your exam for an A* easily
Reply 2
Try looking at Mr Bruff's Youtube channel. I used his videos for my Eng Lit GCSE and they were a great help, especially since I pretty much crammed in the final few weeks before my exam. It depends on what poems you're doing though.
Just do a poem a day and you'll be fine! Predict which ones will come up on your exam and focus on those. Make note of the ones that have come up in the most recent exams- those probably won't be asked about, so study them but don't focus too much on them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Oiseaux
Try looking at Mr Bruff's Youtube channel. I used his videos for my Eng Lit GCSE and they were a great help, especially since I pretty much crammed in the final few weeks before my exam. It depends on what poems you're doing though.
Just do a poem a day and you'll be fine! Predict which ones will come up on your exam (put less focus on the ones that have come up in the most recent exams) and focus on those.

Its on conflict so John Agard's flag, Simon Armitage's out of the blue...
If you are doing OCR English then you do not need to memorise the poems, everyone has a copy of the anthology in the exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _cryinglightning
If you are doing OCR English then you do not need to memorise the poems, everyone has a copy of the anthology in the exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually, I forgot to mention that we also (AQA) have a copy of the anthology in the exam. What I mean by memorising is the language techniques and how the effect and so on...

Quick Reply

Latest