The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel French Speaking Exam

How is everyone else preparing for the exam? I have no idea how to revise for it! also is anyone else doing youth culture and concerns? :smile:
Original post by easyaspirsquared
How is everyone else preparing for the exam? I have no idea how to revise for it! also is anyone else doing youth culture and concerns? :smile:

:O Yeah, it's scary to be honest :/ I'm also doing that GTA. What I do is just read through the past papers, looking at the questions, they tend to be the same just worded differently. Good Luck!
Original post by Omni Vanitas
:O Yeah, it's scary to be honest :/ I'm also doing that GTA. What I do is just read through the past papers, looking at the questions, they tend to be the same just worded differently. Good Luck!

sounds good! Ive been trying to research information and stats about the different sub topics but its hard to find stuff. Im going to be so nervous when i walk into the room to do the exam, it's going to be so intense! good luck to you too!
sounds good! Ive been trying to research information and stats about the different sub topics but its hard to find stuff. Im going to be so nervous when i walk into the room to do the exam, it's going to be so intense! good luck to you too!

What date is your exam? I've mine on the 23rd April.

What also helps is watching stuff in French: you get to hear formulaic lines which you can then say :biggrin:

Watch French news - very useful to practice the pace!
Practice the cards! that's the best thing to do. Once you've done all the cards, make up some! E.g. for or against drugs and just formulate an argument.
When you're doing the speaking practice, make a ticklist e.g.
Subjunctive
Conditional
Si Clause
Imperfect
Comparative etc... and tick them off every time you use them. This helps to ensure you're including as many tenses as possible and complex sentence structures! Also it highlights things you're forgetting to include :smile:
Original post by Omni Vanitas
What date is your exam? I've mine on the 23rd April.

What also helps is watching stuff in French: you get to hear formulaic lines which you can then say :biggrin:

mines at the start of may😢 wow that's close haha
Original post by rubycarterx
Watch French news - very useful to practice the pace!
Practice the cards! that's the best thing to do. Once you've done all the cards, make up some! E.g. for or against drugs and just formulate an argument.
When you're doing the speaking practice, make a ticklist e.g.
Subjunctive
Conditional
Si Clause
Imperfect
Comparative etc... and tick them off every time you use them. This helps to ensure you're including as many tenses as possible and complex sentence structures! Also it highlights things you're forgetting to include :smile:

thank you this is so helpful!!
thank you this is so helpful!!

You're welcome! I would also recommend making vocab cards, but it's no use making ones for easy words that you already know like la mode - fashion etc, really focus on those annoying words you can never remember! Put the ones you can't remember at the top of the pile and keep testing yourself :smile:
If you're having a day when you can't seem to focus, sometimes I'll put on a film in French with English subtitles or vice versa, it's great to pick up on new vocab and the subjunctive and stuff like that! Might be a good trick to try:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest