nidah y
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am currently doing chemistry, psychology and eng lit at alevel and will carry them all on 2 a2.
firstly is it sufficient enough to gain entry to medicine? If not what would i have 2 do in terms of a foundation yr,who offers them?
and how can i go about applying what would i have to have in terms of entry requirements?
Also what grades do i need to gain access 2 foundation then the actual degree?
JenniB22
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine

This gives info on requirements for different unis. It's no substitute for doing your own research, however...

I think you will struggle with only one science A level, as most require Chemistry and at least one more of Bio, Physics, or Maths.

Foundation courses then are an option, but bear in mind that most of them have other requirements that you have to fulfil to be eligible, eg your socioeconomic position, family history of higher education etc etc.

Best to check with individual universities, all of this info is very readily available if you google a university's entry requirements...
Vishnugaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There are foundation year medicine courses for those students who do not offer 2 sciences but they are very competitive. I think Manchester and Sheffield offer these for AAA.

Also, there are the foundation courses to widen access ^ as mentioned above and Universities which offer these( with different eligibility criteria to be fulfilled). Unis that offer these are UEA, KCL, Southampton and Nottingham.
nidah y
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vishnugaa)
There are foundation year medicine courses for those students who do not offer 2 sciences but they are very competitive. I think Manchester and Sheffield offer these for AAA.

Also, there are the foundation courses to widen access ^ as mentioned above and Universities which offer these( with different eligibility criteria to be fulfilled). Unis that offer these are UEA, KCL, Southampton and Nottingham.
Thank u. Do u know how 2 apply 4 foundation bcz on ucas website it days u apply directly to the uni for foundation degree but this is only a foundation YEAR?
Vishnugaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You apply through UCAS using the specific code for the course and uni. So for example- Southampton, the code is BM6
nidah y
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vishnugaa)
You apply through UCAS using the specific code for the course and uni. So for example- Southampton, the code is BM6
Oh ok thank you x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.58%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (799)
42.12%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed