Watch
Lazy Cynic
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey TSR,

Do any of you have any good revision notes for Edexcel RS

I would really aprreciate them. My current notes (uploaded) only got me a B in my mock

Thanks
username1422965
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't work for TSR (wish I did) but a GCSE grade B in R.E is really good!
You should be proud of what you have achieved.

It's really easy to get caught up in the myth that R.E is a "dos" GCSE- when really it is the hardest of them all!
It is not just the subject knowledge: but your essay techniques and HOW you communicate those ideas that you'd like to present to Mr Examiner.

Mr R.E Examiner- let's call him "Dave". He sits there on his computer with his Decaf coffee, shaken- not stirred, and with his slippers firmly on his feet, begins to mark. (Watch how it's done on the video below.)

You want to sound intelligent to get those top marks- that's right- "sound". Fake it until you make it.
Which sounds better? Choose (1) or (2) from answers to the following question:

________________________________ ________________________________ ______________________
Question: Do you think we should help to relieve world poverty? Give a reason for your view.

1) I think we should relieve world poverty. I think that God thinks that people should get punished.

2) Firstly, evil and suffering in the world may part of God's purpose. Many people believe that life is a test, with paradise as a reward for those who pass.

________________________________ ________________

Who would you award the 2 marks to?
Obviously 2 is better. But why is 2 better?
The second example is better because it:

-Uses no personal pronouns such as I
- Spells correctly [even in sections where there are no marks for spelling, since this could leave a bad impression of you as a candidate upon Dave!]
-It explains his view

Even though the two have the same subject knowledge, see how you can "fool" the examiner by "jazzing-up" your words a bit?

Lesson: Fake it until you make it.

Added to this, once you see how R.E Exam papers are marked on this video below, you'll be laughing.
You can then put yourself into Dave's shoes (or slippers) and get that exam technique mastered.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ruJ5i8ZJ4

P.S- Turn off the YouTube annotations, they're annoying!

Good luck with GCSE R.E and best hopes in the future.
Lazy Cynic
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Plank60)
I don't work for TSR (wish I did) but a GCSE grade B in R.E is really good!
You should be proud of what you have achieved.

It's really easy to get caught up in the myth that R.E is a "dos" GCSE- when really it is the hardest of them all!
It is not just the subject knowledge: but your essay techniques and HOW you communicate those ideas that you'd like to present to Mr Examiner.

Mr R.E Examiner- let's call him "Dave". He sits there on his computer with his Decaf coffee, shaken- not stirred, and with his slippers firmly on his feet, begins to mark. (Watch how it's done on the video below.)

You want to sound intelligent to get those top marks- that's right- "sound". Fake it until you make it.
Which sounds better? Choose (1) or (2) from answers to the following question:

________________________________ ________________________________ ______________________
Question: Do you think we should help to relieve world poverty? Give a reason for your view.

1) I think we should relieve world poverty. I think that God thinks that people should get punished.

2) Firstly, evil and suffering in the world may part of God's purpose. Many people believe that life is a test, with paradise as a reward for those who pass.

________________________________ ________________

Who would you award the 2 marks to?
Obviously 2 is better. But why is 2 better?
The second example is better because it:

-Uses no personal pronouns such as I
- Spells correctly [even in sections where there are no marks for spelling, since this could leave a bad impression of you as a candidate upon Dave!]
-It explains his view

Even though the two have the same subject knowledge, see how you can "fool" the examiner by "jazzing-up" your words a bit?

Lesson: Fake it until you make it.

Added to this, once you see how R.E Exam papers are marked on this video below, you'll be laughing.
You can then put yourself into Dave's shoes (or slippers) and get that exam technique mastered.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ruJ5i8ZJ4

P.S- Turn off the YouTube annotations, they're annoying!

Good luck with GCSE R.E and best hopes in the future.
Thank you very much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (66)
23.74%
Better than expected (58)
20.86%
Worse than expected (154)
55.4%

Watched Threads