Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Heres my time table

10am - 12pm - Economics
12pm - 1pm - geography
1pm - 2pm - bio
2pm - 4pm - maths

Now yesterday I ended up doing economics all the way till 1pm and geo all the way till 3pm. I couldn't compensate both maths and bio so I left its like that. One of the reasons why it took me long to finnish one chapter of economics is because I was experimenting active recall;
I read the chapter and answered the activities while reading and then I wrote the notes down in my own way and its takes an hour for me to be make my brain realise its revision time

Posted from TSR Mobile
bittr n swt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Damn take a break and do short bursts instead of hour sessions,
AsandaLFC
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by bittr n swt)
Damn take a break and do short bursts instead of hour sessions,
I take a 5 minute break. So its not necessary an hour. The problem is that when I time myself I end up not finnishing a chapter especially if I study for 1 hour. I was thinking of doing 2 hours each subject but 8 hours per day would just kill me with boredom

Posted from TSR Mobile
boods8897
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Try instead of saying I'll do this subject for x hours and another subject for y hours, saying today I'm going to do these topics. For my revision 'timetable', I've got which bits of homework or past papers or revision I want to get finished each day, so that I know what to do but without the time restraints.

Posted from TSR Mobile
diana99
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AsandaLFC)
Heres my time table

10am - 12pm - Economics
12pm - 1pm - geography
1pm - 2pm - bio
2pm - 4pm - maths

Now yesterday I ended up doing economics all the way till 1pm and geo all the way till 3pm. I couldn't compensate both maths and bio so I left its like that. One of the reasons why it took me long to finnish one chapter of economics is because I was experimenting active recall;
I read the chapter and answered the activities while reading and then I wrote the notes down in my own way and its takes an hour for me to be make my brain realise its revision time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Timetables don't work for everyone .definitely doesn't work for me!However I perform perfectly fine in my exams. This is because I tend to revise what I want, when I want to.
If you can't stick to a timetable the best thing to do:
~Don't use one!!

Instead of revising against the clock . Choose maybe 3 or any number of subjects that you want to study, then take your time with each one, each day. Set yourself goals based how much you want to achieve or how far you want to make it through your notes or revision guide.

Works for me .Should. hopefully work for you!
Good luck In your exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ifailedumad
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ditch the timetable follow revision goals instead ie today I do this, if i finsh it, I do this other thing.
Dinaa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
lol my breaks are like 2 hours long (like rn i woke up 4:30, revised 30mins and now its almost been an hour break :mmm: )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (137)
18.03%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (77)
10.13%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (130)
17.11%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (109)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (76)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (231)
30.39%

Watched Threads