A Level Options HELP!!

Watch this thread
Mathsqueen
Badges: 9
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi everyone!

So Im currently at that point in year 11 life where I am stressed, and on top of that I have to select my A-level options for year 12..
My initial options were Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and English literature, because they're academic subjects which combine mathematical reasoning and humanities. However, after finding out I was limited to 4 A levels I dropped english and opted for the three sciences and Maths. Will this limit my chances of getting into a good university, such as MIT, harvard or Cambridge to study engineering? This has really lead me to ponder whether Univesities take into account subject variety, especially whether my science based options will limit my entrance into a science based degree at university.

All help and advice is much appreciated!

Thank you.
EmilyN21
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Hey!
The best thing you can do is have a look at what your preferred universities want when it comes to subjects, some of them are very specific to what they want while others are very open with their requirements.

Don't worry huge amounts about it, from the sounds of it the subjects you're taking are pretty academic and accepted by all universities, so just have a browse of their courses and that should help you a lot with what subjects are worth taking.

Hope this helps and good luck with your choices
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (209)
42.14%
The paper was reasonable (216)
43.55%
Not feeling great about that exam... (45)
9.07%
It was TERRIBLE (26)
5.24%

Watched Threads