The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Selwyn College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if the college provides accommodation if, for example, you travel there the day before your interview?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by Jalukco
Does anyone know if the college provides accommodation if, for example, you travel there the day before your interview?

Yes it does, they send a link to a form in the interview invitation email which has the option of booking accommodation and/or meals. :smile:
Got an interview for Medicine on the 12th!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jalukco
Got an interview for Medicine on the 12th!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!
Hi, does anyone know if Selwyn has sent invitations for English interviews? My daughter is an EU citizen and has to travel to the UK but we cannot even make a reservation because we don`t know dates. Can this delay mean a rejection?
Original post by MollyMum99
Hi, does anyone know if Selwyn has sent invitations for English interviews? My daughter is an EU citizen and has to travel to the UK but we cannot even make a reservation because we don`t know dates. Can this delay mean a rejection?

I don't really know, but lots of people just received their invitations for English because the results of the ELAT were released way later
Original post by indvolda
I don't really know, but lots of people just received their invitations for English because the results of the ELAT were released way later

Thank you.
Reply 447
Original post by bluepages
Well done! Good luck :smile:
I'm still waiting for engineering but it seems that people are already hearing back already... I did really badly in the ENGAA though so I don't think I'll be getting invited to interview! :frown:

Have you heard back yet? I'm still waiting...My school said they would have got back to us by tomorrow the latest though, so fingers crossed I hear something
Original post by desertlover
Has anyone heard from Selwyn for medicine, I'm going insane literally! Apparently it is likely that interviews wouldn't be given out after Monday?!

I have one on 13th for medicine
hey! who’s applied to selwyn this year? i’ve applied for physical natsci!
Original post by circleofsighs

I've applied for natsci too! biological though. have you heard back about interviews yet?
Original post by jasmine987
I've applied for natsci too! biological though. have you heard back about interviews yet?

not yet! killing me waiting though haha. have you heard anything?
not yet! killing me waiting though haha. have you heard anything?

nope although the NSAA went horribly so I'm paranoid that they're just going to reject me any second now
Original post by jasmine987
nope although the NSAA went horribly so I'm paranoid that they're just going to reject me any second now

omg me too! just gotta pray we’re good at guessing. that’s my only hope!

I've applied for physical natsci at Selwyn too!

I haven't heard anything about interviews yet either, but all my friends who've applied (all for other colleges) have got their dates. I think Selwyn's interviews are quite late compared to other colleges, so maybe that's why it's taking a bit longer to get interview dates?
Original post by REA2001
I've applied for physical natsci at Selwyn too!

I haven't heard anything about interviews yet either, but all my friends who've applied (all for other colleges) have got their dates. I think Selwyn's interviews are quite late compared to other colleges, so maybe that's why it's taking a bit longer to get interview dates?

hey! yeah, it looked that way, on the acknowledgement email it said 10th-12th, so hopefully we should hear back next week! on the big spreadsheet on the interview thread though, it says someone has already heard. :eek:
congrats to your friends!! what have they applied for? and good luck!
hey! yeah, it looked that way, on the acknowledgement email it said 10th-12th, so hopefully we should hear back next week! on the big spreadsheet on the interview thread though, it says someone has already heard. :eek:
congrats to your friends!! what have they applied for? and good luck!

Yeah it makes sense to find out this week. Thanks! good luck to you as well! My friends have applied for architecture, music and physical natsci but at different colleges.
What A Levels are you doing? I you get in, which subjects do you think you'll take?
Original post by REA2001
Yeah it makes sense to find out this week. Thanks! good luck to you as well! My friends have applied for architecture, music and physical natsci but at different colleges.
What A Levels are you doing? I you get in, which subjects do you think you'll take?

oh cool! so have a lot of people at your school applied to cambridge? i'm the only person at mine! and i do maths, fm, physics and english lit! how about you? if i get in i'd probably do physics, materials and earth sciences!
oh cool! so have a lot of people at your school applied to cambridge? i'm the only person at mine! and i do maths, fm, physics and english lit! how about you? if i get in i'd probably do physics, materials and earth sciences!

Nah, there's only two other people who have applied, but I moved school for sixth form and some friends at my old school are applying as well.
Nice! I do maths, f maths, physics and chemistry, and I'd do physics, chemistry and earth sciences.
I received my invite for interview on friday for natsci so yours should come soon I would expect

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending