The Student Room Group

POLITICS v ECONOMICS? HELP?!

Hello I dont know what I want to do when im older but im trying to choose subjects I enjoy and will hopefully do well in. Atm a Geography degree interests me, as does a law degree. i have decided on:

Geography
English Literature

and for my final (we can only do 3) I dont know what to do, economics seems to tie in nicely however I don't know if that would be beneficial for law, the only other a level I can think of would be politics. So my question is, Economics or Politics for geography/law degree? Thanks

note: unable to do science, maths and languages a levels. :redface:
Original post by Couldernu
Hello I dont know what I want to do when im older but im trying to choose subjects I enjoy and will hopefully do well in. Atm a Geography degree interests me, as does a law degree. i have decided on:

Geography
English Literature

and for my final (we can only do 3) I dont know what to do, economics seems to tie in nicely however I don't know if that would be beneficial for law, the only other a level I can think of would be politics. So my question is, Economics or Politics for geography/law degree? Thanks

note: unable to do science, maths and languages a levels. :redface:

Both would be beneficial to study law at university, I'm currently doing both so if you've got any questions ask away - I'm also planning on studying law next year at uni.
Reply 2
Original post by Buxtonwater
Both would be beneficial to study law at university, I'm currently doing both so if you've got any questions ask away - I'm also planning on studying law next year at uni.

Good luck at law.

Thanks for the reply also. What is easiest and/or most interesting between economics and politics in your opinion?
Also are politic lessons mainly discussions? Thanks
Original post by Colderno
Good luck at law.

Thanks for the reply also. What is easiest and/or most interesting between economics and politics in your opinion?
Also are politic lessons mainly discussions? Thanks

I guess the discussion thing really depends on your teacher. I've had two politics teachers so far and we have a lot more discussions with the one I currently have compared to my previous one, although there were still a fair few discussions with the first one. Either way, you'll still probably have more class/group debates and discussions in politics compared to your other lessons.

In regards to interest, this year in politics we're doing Ideologies (our other option this year was the American system but I wasn't down for that) and Ideologies are incredibly interesting. With Economics the interesting aspect is slightly different, it's not as interesting as politics but possibly just as intriguing if you get what I mean.

You might want to do Economics just to make your subjects slightly broader with the other two you've chosen, it'll probably help more in regards to uni (that being said I'm not 100% sure) but I think politics is more interesting and enjoyable.

Quick Reply

Latest