Fitness for 18-30

Watch
tcabrita
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
If you're between the ages of 18-30, are there any problems you incur with keeping fit?

For example no time, finances, lack motivation.

Researching problems within fitness for my dissertation so any feedback welcome!
CeeDixon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tcabrita)
If you're between the ages of 18-30, are there any problems you incur with keeping fit?

Researching problems within fitness for my dissertation so any feedback welcome!
There are so many problems that come with keeping fit! It's so good for you so it's really annoying. For me, the main one is that I love fitness classes, because you can't really lack energy as you've paid good money to take part in it. The problem is the money. Most classes at the gym are priced way too high! This leads onto people wanting to keep fit at home, but then you need the space, the time and the effort to do this such as moving furniture around etc, if you don't have an open space to workout in.

The equipment can become a nightmare. I love yoga, but unfortunately some yoga involves equipment. I still do it, because I love how it makes me feel but I have to do without some of the equipment.
I think lacking motivation is only something you can change. For me, I'd say once you have the motivation to do it, don't just sit there and think about the fact that you're motivated. Get out there and keep fit!
tcabrita
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by CeeDixon)
There are so many problems that come with keeping fit! It's so good for you so it's really annoying. For me, the main one is that I love fitness classes, because you can't really lack energy as you've paid good money to take part in it. The problem is the money. Most classes at the gym are priced way too high! This leads onto people wanting to keep fit at home, but then you need the space, the time and the effort to do this such as moving furniture around etc, if you don't have an open space to workout in.

The equipment can become a nightmare. I love yoga, but unfortunately some yoga involves equipment. I still do it, because I love how it makes me feel but I have to do without some of the equipment.
I think lacking motivation is only something you can change. For me, I'd say once you have the motivation to do it, don't just sit there and think about the fact that you're motivated. Get out there and keep fit!
Thank you!
That's interesting about needing space to keep fit, I was initially going to focus on creating an online hub and app for young people to keep fit as people respond to tracking their progress. But space is an issue for fitness at home and gym memberships are so expensive!
CeeDixon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you!
That's interesting about needing space to keep fit, I was initially going to focus on creating an online hub and app for young people to keep fit as people respond to tracking their progress. But space is an issue for fitness at home and gym memberships are so expensive!
I've not been to the gym in years, mainly because of the expense! I do my own workouts, and I do regular exercise at college so I'm happy with that! What about the weather and stuff for people who enjoy outdoor exercise? Sometimes that can be an issue!
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
finances are probably a bigger issue in younger people, I'd imagine time becomes a greater issue later in life when people have families and children as well as a job

that said, perhaps one issue is learning to time manage effectively to fit it in when many people start spending much more time at work than they ever spent in education?
chiarax213
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For me it's probably laziness, getting started and keeping up with a regular routine seems like too much work. Especially during term time.

My mum would happily pay for me to go gym but I don't really want her spending . So money is a bit of an issue. There's one place in my area though which has really low costs for young people - £5 for 3 sessions a week
zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

I've never had any issues, but I think the only problem I would face would be lack of time.

I am good with my motivation and going for a run doesn't cost any money (yet)
Grantland
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For ages it used to be a lack of motivation, but currently it's a lack of time. My family recently got a dog so I've been helping with that in addition to studying, meaning I'm only working out lightly at home.
AMG44
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lack of sleep is my biggest issue, the intensity of my work outs have significantly decreased due to longer working hours.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (177)
58.42%
I don't have everything I need (126)
41.58%

Watched Threads