Is anybody doing aqa early modern history as?

Watch
romyxo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm trying to revise for AS Early Modern History and I'm finding that it isn't a very popular subject (we only have a class of 10) and just wanted to see if there is anybody on here taking it? Any tips of revising for it? I'm really struggling...

katinthehat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by romyxo)
I'm trying to revise for AS Early Modern History and I'm finding that it isn't a very popular subject (we only have a class of 10) and just wanted to see if there is anybody on here taking it? Any tips of revising for it? I'm really struggling...
Hey girl,

I don't think I'm doing Early Modern, but I am doing AQA AS History, so I know those feels. I'm doing Britain 1483-1529 and Vietnam 1961-1975. How about you?

This is going to be completely hypocritical on my part, as I'm sat here on TSR freaking out instead of actually revising, but try making timelines of all the years on your spec, make it really basic at first with literally just the title of the event that happened, and once you've finished go back through them, choose each event and make a really detailed poster of it, with further research etc. That's what I'm going to do. I'm also going to try and do at least two exam papers for each module and give them to my teachers to mark.

Is there anything about it your particularly struggling with?

Good luck in your quest to pass history (and mine too)...we can do it!
romyxo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by katinthehat)
Hey girl,

I don't think I'm doing Early Modern, but I am doing AQA AS History, so I know those feels. I'm doing Britain 1483-1529 and Vietnam 1961-1975. How about you?

This is going to be completely hypocritical on my part, as I'm sat here on TSR freaking out instead of actually revising, but try making timelines of all the years on your spec, make it really basic at first with literally just the title of the event that happened, and once you've finished go back through them, choose each event and make a really detailed poster of it, with further research etc. That's what I'm going to do. I'm also going to try and do at least two exam papers for each module and give them to my teachers to mark.

Is there anything about it your particularly struggling with?

Good luck in your quest to pass history (and mine too)...we can do it!

Hey, thanks for replying!

I'm doing Britain 1483 - 1529 and The Reign of Henry IV of France 1589 - 1610... I'm finding it so difficult, especially the French stuff as I'm not as familiar with it as I am with the British from learning about the Tudors in primary school etc.

I'm just finding it particularly difficult to remember the order and dates of what happened when, I also find all the political side to the subject really hard to memorise as it's the part that I don't really like or enjoy learning about.

I'm also procrastinating on this website instead of actually revising hahaha! I really like your idea of the timelines so I think I will give that a go thank-you!

I'm sure we will both make it in the end!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
17.19%
I'm not sure (3)
2.34%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (42)
32.81%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.34%
I'm not a current university student (58)
45.31%

Watched Threads