Turn on thread page Beta

Nigel Farage HIV comment- a Q to those who disagree watch

ReputationRep:
    If Nigel Farage's comments regarding treating immigrant HIV patients (which I read can cost £25,000 for treatment) are wrong/disgusting bla bla, then why should the UK be funding £25k drug costs, when all you lefties are already moaning the NHS is under-funded as it is?

Wouldn't treating all these immigrant HIV patients make the NHS even MORE under-funded? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Not many are answering my Q, I wonder why?

ReputationRep:
    it's a complete red herring

farage blew it

ReputationRep:
    Because everyone who requires HIV treatment is an Immigrant

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Vote for UKIP then. I imagine you two would have a great time if you ever met in person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enginerd.)
    Because everyone who requires HIV treatment is an Immigrant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All theses communist benefit cheats with HIV are going to invade, help!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    All theses communist benefit cheats with HIV are going to invade, help!!!
    So, you can't answer my Q then?

ReputationRep:
    There are not thousands of people with AIDS trying to get into this country just for the healthcare. Farage knows this. However Farage also knows that such comments appeal to a certain type of person. Cynical dog-whistle politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    So, you can't answer my Q then?
    I want you to answer my question in the other thread first: Who punished the rich hardworking more, the labour government of 1997-2009 who taxed the top rate 40% or the tory 2011-2015 government who've taxed the top rate 45%

By all means vote for Farage though, you two are made for each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    There are not thousands of people with AIDS trying to get into this country just for the healthcare. Farage knows this. However Farage also knows that such comments appeal to a certain type of person. Cynical dog-whistle politics.
    Regardless they shouldn't be payed for

ReputationRep:
    If Nigel Farage's comments regarding treating immigrant HIV patients (which I read can cost £25,000 for treatment) are wrong/disgusting bla bla, then why should the UK be funding £25k drug costs, when all you lefties are already moaning the NHS is under-funded as it is?

Wouldn't treating all these immigrant HIV patients make the NHS even MORE under-funded? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Not many are answering my Q, I wonder why?

I get that many on the right give the impression that they could not give a toss about the wellbeing of other people, particularly if they are foreign. But...

The cost of keeping the disease under control will most likely be less than the cost of providing palliative care while that person dies of nasty fungal infections or whatever. It also allows them to live a relatively functional life. Therefore they are able to work/contribute to the economy.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't treating all these immigrant HIV patients make the NHS even MORE under-funded?
    No it wouldn't. It would simply mean that some portion of the NHS's existing funds would go towards immigrants who have HIV. It would not decrease the amount of money that the NHS has to spend. If anything it may increase it as there would now be a new problem that needs to be addressed (IE needs additional funds).

The question doesn't really make much sense. How would treating immigrants with HIV make the NHS less funded? If the NHS is under-funded then it will require more money. Taking the existing money away or allocating it somewhere else will not increase the total amount of money available.

Besides, do you know how much it does cost the NHS to treat foreign born people with HIV? If Nigel's comments were correct then a maximum of £105 million is spent on immigrants with HIV. Even if you did allocate this money to British-only services then, given Nick Clegg's estimate, it would barely provide 1% of what is needed to aid the NHS funding problem.

I'd also like to add:

- Would you prefer it if thousands of immigrants were walking about in this country without HIV treatment?
    - Who are these immigrants? Do they live here and pay tax?
    - Where did Nigel get his figures from?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if you keep everything else the same, but I don't think any of the parties were suggesting that they'd keep everything the same.

I think prioritising money over lives (regardless of nationality) is shallow at best and it was a really ignorant comment from him.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say there were thousands?

Why should British taxpayers fund an immigrant's healthcare?

ReputationRep:
    I get that many on the right give the impression that they could not give a toss about the wellbeing of other people, particularly if they are foreign. But...

The cost of keeping the disease under control will most likely be less than the cost of providing palliative care while that person dies of nasty fungal infections or whatever. It also allows them to live a relatively functional life. Therefore they are able to work/contribute to the economy.
    So if that immigrant doesn't come here, we wont be able to fill the job vacancy? :rolleyes:

(we have unemployed people)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    Yes, if you keep everything else the same, but I don't think any of the parties were suggesting that they'd keep everything the same.

I think prioritising money over lives (regardless of nationality) is shallow at best and it was a really ignorant comment from him.
    So you'd be ok if we treat these HIV immigrants by cutting money from social welfare benefits to fund it then?

ReputationRep:
    I hope Farage's children weren't born in an NHS hospital with his filthy German wife taking up a bed that a British woman could have used.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    I hope Farage's children weren't born in an NHS hospital with his filthy German wife taking up a bed that a British woman could have used.
    Nigel Farage is such a hypocrite in so many ways.

ReputationRep:
    "Of the 107,800 people estimated by Public Health England to be HIV positive an astonishing 59,300 are originally from Africa. The cost to the NHS to treat just the foreigners alone with anti-retrovirals would be £1,186,000,000 per annum – and the numbers are rising.

The NHS budget is not yet part of the foreign aid budget, nor should it be. Despite the distaste of the political class, the screams of outrage from the gay lobby and the commentariat, the facts are the facts. On this billion pound question, Farage was right about the facts. "

http://order-order.com/2015/04/03/nigel-farage-is-right-about-health-tourism/

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say there were thousands?

Why should British taxpayers fund an immigrant's healthcare?
    If they pay national insurance, why shouldn't they??.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    And that has what to do with HIV?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.