The Student Room Group

please just someone read this and help me out with my CV.

this is a cv i just made yesterday and there are few things lacking. i want to apply for an apprentice and if some one can help me how to sentence and where shall i take about this point in my cv, i do have all the abilities the points stating but i can not put it in good grammar and dont know where to put, the abilities also do much some of the skills and strength i have if anyone can just help me get some of this point into my cv i would be grateful.

Motivational fit - ability to demonstrate an understanding of Microsoft and show passion about how your personal ambitions and qualities are aligned to what is offered at Microsoft.
Learning Agility Are you naturally quick to learn? Do you enjoy absorbing new information and applying your knowledge to what you do?
Collaboration - how do you connect and collaborate with others? Are you able to develop relationships that support individual and collective objectives?
Ownership - how accountable are you? Do you naturally seek out opportunities to take on responsibility?
Passion - how strongly do you believe in Microsoft, its people, products and what technology can do for the world?

just state what would you and where would you include it,

pleeasse

thank you so much!
Reply 1
Unfortunetly no.
I read it and it looks great to me but I'm no expert. Good work anyway. :smile: Had no idea they teach Persian as a language in school now. Things have certainly changed.
It should be: GCSEs, BTECs, Saturdays.
On the bottom, change it to "Achieved most progression in Media Studies certificate, July 2014.
I think you might have spelled certificate wrong in the Awards section.

Where you mention football, talk about team work.

For your work experience, mention how you were responsible for making the documents. I wouldn't personally include the part where you say they sent you home an hour earlier.

Other than that, it's quite good. Just try and expand on your work experience and your skills a bit more and try and relate them to the bullet points you've listed in your post. :smile:
Reply 4
j-sp can you expan on your idea?
I dont quite get what you mean?
What area of IT are you actually wanting to get in to?

The reason I ask is, you could list more of the technologies you used at Stoke Heath. I find for technical roles you can introduce your title with a sentence or two, then list your responsibilities and then the technologies and methods used. You want it to be nice for someone to read, but it also wants to include the right keywords so they're searchable.

You've also stated you're trying to improve your skills with Python and have a basic ability with HTML. How basic? I mean, can you read HTML? In which case I'd be more inclined to say you know it or understand it and not basic. If you wanted to get in the web development side of things, it's worth creating a site and linking to it, though I don't think that's what you want.

As for Python, you could and probably have bashed through the course on Python in codeacademy in a weekend, if you're actively doing this and want to continue with programming, then mention things you've created and anything interesting about them.

You mention Coursera, state which courses you've followed and don't lie. It will help show your interest but also your ability and desire to learn in your own time. I say don't lie because these are the things someone would ask you about due to lack of work experience and will be very easy to tell if you're full of it or not.

Basically I think depending on what area you're wanting to move towards, you could tweak it and in general display some more of the technologies you work with. Also it's not a bad thing you've mentioned online activities, programmers will often include their GitHub public repos and Stack Overflow username to show they're active.
Reply 6
Thanks
i like to get into programming in general, but i like software development and cyber security.
i havent created anything with html, i did try making website and using css, but i didnt get far cuz i am not good with css.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending