The Student Room Group

Edexcel C1 13th May 2015 *official thread*

Scroll to see replies

Be careful of the guides likes for tsr, no exam discussion until 24 hours
Reply 1181
This was horrible, I will ge glad if it is a B. The maths on that paper was incredible, I wont go into detail because of the rules. But I feel a bit like crying because I thought this would be a walk in the park...
Original post by Jemy
This was horrible, I will ge glad if it is a B. The maths on that paper was incredible, I wont go into detail because of the rules. But I feel a bit like crying because I thought this would be a walk in the park...

Original post by Sondus Hayajneh

Hey, the rules changed last year and you're free to talk about these exams as soon as you've finished :smile:
i thought that paper was easier than previous ones..
which is bad for me because i forgot to simplify one of my answers :s-smilie:
Original post by Sondus Hayajneh

Original post by Jemy

I thought the rules have changed because of the international papers
Reply 1185
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hey, the rules changed last year and you're free to talk about these exams as soon as you've finished :smile:

Thanks.

And yes I really start to think that Edexcel is out to rape us this year. I might file a report later today, because I truly feel dirty and used after that C1 paper.

I reckon I lost at least 18 marks and possibly up to 25 if I did wrong maths.

What was up with question 2, was it just me or was that a bloody mess? Also what was the answer to the question with 2powerx equals y and find 4x in terms of y.
Original post by TeeEm
I thought the rules have changed because of the international papers

The rules have definitely changed :yy: :woo:
Original post by Jemy
Thanks.

And yes I really start to think that Edexcel is out to rape us this year. I might file a report later today, because I truly feel dirty and used after that C1 paper.

I reckon I lost at least 18 marks and possibly up to 25 if I did wrong maths.

What was up with question 2, was it just me or was that a bloody mess? Also what was the answer to the question with 2powerx equals y and find 4x in terms of y.

Relax
It could be far far worse ...
Well, if many of you guys found it unusually hard you may possibly infer approximately -5% on the grade boundaries :tongue:.
Reply 1189
Original post by Achint10
what was question 2 about again?
and it was y^2

It was about simultaneous equations. And at least I somewhat I guessed it right.

Was I also the only one that thought that we had to use th quadratic equation more than once?
Original post by Jemy
It was about simultaneous equations. And at least I somewhat I guessed it right.

Was I also the only one that thought that we had to use th quadratic equation more than once?

I would love to see the paper
it was actually quite easy compared to the previous c1 papers.. i was actually able to do the sequences and series question lol
Reply 1192
Original post by jamaicanbeggar
it was actually quite easy compared to the previous c1 papers.. i was actually able to do the sequences and series question lol

Yeah question about that part, because it really confused me.

Un+1 is for the last unit and Un is for the first, correct? Please tell me yes, also the final answer for the V part was 8.25?
I don't think it was 8.25....not gonna say the answer, but yeah.
so the general consensus is that it was an easy paper?
Tbh, i found that paper hard.
Really didn't like this paper, all the past papers seemed a lot easier - made so many silly mistakes, wasn't completely terrible though
Original post by Jemy
Yeah question about that part, because it really confused me.

Un+1 is for the last unit and Un is for the first, correct? Please tell me yes, also the final answer for the V part was 8.25?

Im not too sure what you're asking but the k for V wasn't 8.25 :-( sorry !
Reply 1198
Original post by jamaicanbeggar
Im not too sure what you're asking but the k for V wasn't 8.25 :-( sorry !

We can talk about the answers, so if you were so kind to tell me, please?

Also I meant in the question and the formula there was 2(Un+1)+Un; does that mean the Un+1 was the latest and Un was the first?
Original post by retrobaht
I don't think it was 8.25....not gonna say the answer, but yeah.

You're free to talk about the answers all you like :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending