Need help with student finance.. what are the requirements if you have ILR document! Watch

Wallahhii
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've got a Indefinite to leave or remain document and student finance are saying i need other documents to prove my identity and i don't know what to do because i don't have a birth certificate or a full driving licence! They said i would need one document from column A, which is the birth certificate, full driving license, or non UK ID card (which i also don't have) and for column B they accepted my Indefinite to leave or remain document, for column C they asked for a bank statement and a national insurance letter which i already have. I seriously need help! what other options are there for Column A? if I don't have anything for column A does that mean i can't apply for student finance or go uni next year :/ Please help this is urgent!! Ive got a provisional licence and trust me it would take me a while to pass my driving i doubt i would be able to get the full licence in time! -__-
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi there.

We can actually accept a provisional driving license. It makes no difference if it's provisional or a full license as they are given by the same authority and both can be accepted.

Thanks.
Wallahhii
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
Hi there.

We can actually accept a provisional driving license. It makes no difference if it's provisional or a full license as they are given by the same authority and both can be accepted.

Thanks.
I have asked them that and the lady said no to me :/ she said it has to be a full license and I'm confused. Shall I ring again? So basically all i need is my provisional license, Indefinite to leave or remain document, bank statement and a national insurance letter ? Is that it? some people are also talking about Indefinite to leave or remain letter? Would I also need this? I don't even know what the letter looks like or if we do have it as its been a while now since I've got the indefinite to leave or remain document. Please help.
Wallahhii
Rep:
?
Hi there.

Thanks.
I have asked them that and the lady said no to me :/ she said it has to be a full license and I'm confused. Shall I ring again? So basically all i need is my provisional license, Indefinite to leave or remain document, bank statement and a national insurance letter ? Is that it? some people are also talking about Indefinite to leave or remain letter? Would I also need this? I don't even know what the letter looks like or if we do have it as its been a while now since I've got the indefinite to leave or remain document. Please help.
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi there.

Yes that's all we need. If you have one document that shows you have indefinite leave to remain then that will suffice, we would not need the extra letter.

Thanks.
Wallahhii
Rep:
?
Hi there.

Yes that's all we need. If you have one document that shows you have indefinite leave to remain then that will suffice, we would not need the extra letter.

Thanks.
Thanks a lot!! So should i just post of the documents or should i ring them to notify them before hand about the documents i will be sending in?

Thanks
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi there.

You would not need to inform us by phone that you're sending these documents, you can simply send them to us when you can.

Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (73)
15.97%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (46)
10.07%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (88)
19.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (64)
14%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (48)
10.5%
How can I be the best version of myself? (138)
30.2%

Watched Threads