I did my history AS last year and the techniques I used are as follows:
1) For each subsection I would make a revision card - I did an exam on Mussolini Italy and he had several economic battles, so a revision card for each.
2) Mind maps of each chapter.
3) Each chapter was colour coded, so economy I did in green; when a question come up on economy I instantly thought back to what was written in green.
4) Reduced chapters to a revision card because by this point I had remembered all the smaller details.
5) Make games that you have to match events with dates and then a description, or you could write down questions and get a family member to ask you for the answers.
6) Lots of past papers and looking at mark schemes to see what the examiners want and to see if there was anything that those taking them have missed out.
7) Relax and balance your revision and social life - the most important part to revision
Hope this is helpful in someway or another!