Coal Truck Electricity Model

Watch
Fudge2
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Wondering if anyone can help....I like the coal truck model for electricity where coal trucks represent electrons so the current is the number of coal trucks, and the potential difference is the number of tonnes of coal that the trucks carry and the 'push' they're given kinda thing. The trucks offload their coal (pd) to power stations (components).

I'm struggling to think of a good way to apply the model to resistance...it's harder for the trucks to get through the factory or something? Anyone got a good idea?

Thanks in advance :-)
Arbolus
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Fudge2)
Wondering if anyone can help....I like the coal truck model for electricity where coal trucks represent electrons so the current is the number of coal trucks, and the potential difference is the number of tonnes of coal that the trucks carry kinda thing. The trucks offload their coal (pd) to power stations (components).

I'm struggling to think of a good way to apply the model to resistance...it's harder for the trucks to get through the factory or something? Anyone got a good idea?

Thanks in advance :-)
The trucks would be losing coal as they went along, but not to the factory. Perhaps there's a steep hill that the engine can't go up, and they have to dump coal in order to save weight?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fudge2
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Arbolus)
The trucks would be losing coal as they went along, but not to the factory. Perhaps there's a steep hill that the engine can't go up, and they have to dump coal in order to save weight?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oooh I like that idea - thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads