The Student Room Group

A* in Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics

Hey TSR,

At the moment I seem to be working at a B grade level do you have any tips to boost my performance :rolleyes::rolleyes::colondollar::colondollar:
Do every single past paper you can find, even ones for other boards. When you mark it, look at the questions which you did badly on and then look at those topics in textbooks, and do questions on them until you get it right!
Hey :smile: I've managed to go from a B average at the start of the year to an A* average. All I really did was focus on the beginning questions until I could do almost all of section A without dropping more than maybe 3 max marks. And then I just practised end of paper questions.. Learnt all the algebra rules and circle theorems and I also used a level work as further practise for algebra (although this was more useful for the further maths I'm also taking)
Just keep trying and practising past papers! Aim for a 90% and above average on plenty of papers because then you'll have some extra marks you can drop in the exam due to stress etc and you'll still get an A*
Hope this helps! :smile:
I did the january exam and literally: PAST PAPERS!!
I'd got so used to the formatting and style of the questions that the exam kind of felt like I was just doing another past paper but in a more formal setting (aka not on a sofa :biggrin:)

Make sure that you don't make careless mistakes on the first few questions as they could potentially be easy marks to pick up!

Quick Reply

Latest