Anishask
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey, I've been accepted to LCF for Fashion Journalism which will be at the Lime Grove campus and I've decided to stay in halls for my first year but I'm not sure which ones to decide on. Right now, the only one that's looking convenient in terms of travel time would be the Costume Store but the area seems pretty dead and I'd like to be nearer to central London. Anyone have any ideas? Where's everyone else staying? x
paolagiusti
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello!
A friend of mine goes to LCF and I will study fashion journalism next year at LCF too! She said that it's better to go find a room by yourself cause the halls are very expensive. She also said that you do not have to worry bout the area, it's not necessary to stay next to the university. Choose the area you like the most and remember that the tube brings you anywhere you want!
Anishask
Rep:
?
(Original post by paolagiusti)
Hello!
A friend of mine goes to LCF and I will study fashion journalism next year at LCF too! She said that it's better to go find a room by yourself cause the halls are very expensive. She also said that you do not have to worry bout the area, it's not necessary to stay next to the university. Choose the area you like the most and remember that the tube brings you anywhere you want!
I want to stay in halls for my first year though then after that I'll probably find a few mates to rent out a flat or smth! Ahh true but it'd be quite hectic staying 50 mins to an hour away from campus! Anyway, where abouts are you from? It'd be great to get to know you and others before we start the course! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gabrielle.runzer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I a have accepted to LCF for fashion public relations and communications and I want to stay in accomadation the first year too as I am not from England. I am want to get into the costume shop because it is the closest and I have also gone for a tour there and it is so nice. I'm not sure what my other options are going to be because I haven't visited any others.
Anishask
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gabrielle.runzer)
I a have accepted to LCF for fashion public relations and communications and I want to stay in accomadation the first year too as I am not from England. I am want to get into the costume shop because it is the closest and I have also gone for a tour there and it is so nice. I'm not sure what my other options are going to be because I haven't visited any others.
Ye costume store seems to be the only halls that is under an hour distance from LCF lime grove but I've heard quite a few bad reviews and also it seems to be very far away from nightlife or anything else for the matter. :/ how about sketch house? I haven't visited any at all aha just been searching online!

Posted from TSR Mobile
pcrawford96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm currently deciding between LCF and Wimbledon for Costume courses. My Boyfriend is in his third year at LCF and stayed in the Costume Store his first year and had a great time. The trip into more central London isn't that long at all and most of the other halls I've looked at are still pretty far out (and not as nice). I think The Costume Store is the nicest halls for LCF as they are so new.
Anishask
Rep:
?
(Original post by pcrawford96)
I'm currently deciding between LCF and Wimbledon for Costume courses. My Boyfriend is in his third year at LCF and stayed in the Costume Store his first year and had a great time. The trip into more central London isn't that long at all and most of the other halls I've looked at are still pretty far out (and not as nice). I think The Costume Store is the nicest halls for LCF as they are so new.
Ahhh right, thanks! I think Costume Store would be my number 1 option because I just checked after you told me and you're right seems to be only 20 mins away from Central London and is also about 20 mins from Lime Grove so that's good. x
rosaaloia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I've accepted to study Fashion styling & production at lcf and i was wondering about the accommodation, what are you going to put for your other four choices besides the costume store as number 1?
Anishask
Rep:
?
(Original post by rosaaloia)
Hi, I've accepted to study Fashion styling & production at lcf and i was wondering about the accommodation, what are you going to put for your other four choices besides the costume store as number 1?
Maybe Sketch House and Highline building, how about you? I was looking at Manna Ash too but it's a bit too far away and is so expensive
rosaaloia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I really don't know I'm so stuck on what to pick cos they're all pretty far away from lime grove haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Menameisash
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi I'll be studying International: Introduction to the Study of Fashion at LCF, and it's at their Lime Grove campus. My first choice for accommodation is The Costume Store since it's the nearest but I feel like it's far away from everything else and I really want to be able to fully experience London and its nightlife; since I'm not from England. What are everyone else's four other choices besides The Costume Store as I'm finding it hard to pick?
rosaaloia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Menameisash)
Hi I'll be studying International: Introduction to the Study of Fashion at LCF, and it's at their Lime Grove campus. My first choice for accommodation is The Costume Store since it's the nearest but I feel like it's far away from everything else and I really want to be able to fully experience London and its nightlife; since I'm not from England. What are everyone else's four other choices besides The Costume Store as I'm finding it hard to pick?
Hey, I think I'll be choosing the same as above, the sketch house & the highline building, I also thought maybe the glassyard building too? I don't really know for my fifth
paolagiusti
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've applied today cause there was an error in the system and it has been possible for a couple of hours
btw these are my choices
1st Costume Store
2nd Highline Building
3rd Glassyard
4th Sketch House
5th Manna Ash
AAgrace
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've just applied now. I've gone for:

Sketch House
Don Gratton
Will Wyatt
Highline
Manna Ash
Menameisash
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rosaaloia)
Hey, I think I'll be choosing the same as above, the sketch house & the highline building, I also thought maybe the glassyard building too? I don't really know for my fifth
Hey, after much consideration I've chosen the Costume Store, Sir John Cass and Cordwainers Court as they're the closet accommodations
megrees31
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've been accepted for lime grove also to study hair and makeup for fashion. Has anyone looked into pure student living? In Hammersmith? I might go there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ionamcc
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey,

I currently have a room at The Costume Store which I'm looking to give up from now till the end of August. It's on the 10th floor with three big windows and I'm sure you could negotiate to keep the same room if you needed it for the rest of the year as well. Would you be interested?

Iona
marziadossal
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I'm applying to LCF for a foundation. I can't choose between FE Level3 or Level 4, could someone please help me out?
elwade97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey I'm going to do fashion journalism at lime Grove too, I've picked the costume store for my first choice, it's not far from central London and I thought it looked quite nice inside, being an hour away from uni won't be very helpful I don't think, the rest are all so far away! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
paolagiusti
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by elwade97)
Hey I'm going to do fashion journalism at lime Grove too, I've picked the costume store for my first choice, it's not far from central London and I thought it looked quite nice inside, being an hour away from uni won't be very helpful I don't think, the rest are all so far away! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
same situation here!
hope we get into the costume store and can't wait to meet you as I'm doing fashion journalism too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
    All 6 Colleges: Camberwell College of Arts, Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Art, London College of Communication, London College of Fashion, and Wimbledon College of Arts Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate School of Design & Technology Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Nov '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (137)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (209)
27.04%
Not great so far... (277)
35.83%
I want to drop out! (150)
19.4%

Watched Threads