Worth waiting for the 'one'?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am a virgin, and used to feel like i should wait till i find someone to love before loosing my virginisty.
now i am near 2nd year of uni and just feel like having some fun, i get with guys on nights out and thats pretty much it but i am always so close to just sleeping with them. i feel like when i find the 'one' they will probably not be a virgin anyway, and surely it would be better if i had some experience at least
any thoughts?
NutE
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You might as well do it. You're right in saying it's likely that when you meet the 'one', he won't be a virgin. I lost my virginity to the man I loved knowing he wasn't a virgin when he met me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Skyy9432
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's up to you, nobody here can tell you if you'll regret it or not, nor how much fun you will/wont have.

By waiting for the one you'll probably feel a deeper emotional connection and stronger passion for one another. By giving it to whoever you fancy for just a night you'll probably have fun.

Worth noting a few things though.
A) If you're going to sleep with someone you don't intend to be with forever, be aware that even on the pill and with a condom there's always a chance to get knocked up.
B) "Experience" as you put it is nice in a partner, but don't underestimate the age old idea of virgin appeal.
C) Your first time may be uncomfortable or even painful. If you find some random guy that just wants to do the deed, you might find he's frustrated at how slow you need to go, making the experience a bit more unpleasant.
D) If you're truly invested in the idea of "the one" then there's a chance you'll be filled with regret after the one night stand takes off. plenty of people develop a sense of attachment after sex and it could hurt if he doesn't feel the same way after you gave it to him.

Hope I don't sound too depressing Basically it's all down to you to make the decision.
MPN
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As long as it is your personal choice to wait for the 'one', it's fine. I just hate the double standards when a guy wants a virgin bride but he himself is sleeping around, c'mon, equality works both ways. There are still many female and male virgins out there but yes, majority of ppl already have some sexual experience.

I personally believe that as a girl or boy, you have the rights to enjoy the life and experience sex WHENEVER you are ready for it or feel like so, e.g. you meet the person that really excites you but might not be the 'one'. Do it so that later you don't regret it, there is nothing worse than that but hey, it's life, as humans we make mistakes, we can still obviously try our best.

Sometimes waiting might lead to the disappointment, you might have too high expectation about sex and when it happens, it might go bad but on the other hand you feel more emotionally attached to the act with 'that' person, if you are lucky to find him\her.
tinshed
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am a virgin, and used to feel like i should wait till i find someone to love before loosing my virginisty.
now i am near 2nd year of uni and just feel like having some fun, i get with guys on nights out and thats pretty much it but i am always so close to just sleeping with them. i feel like when i find the 'one' they will probably not be a virgin anyway, and surely it would be better if i had some experience at least
any thoughts?
there is nothing special about virginity. it was before because people had no contraception so if you suddenly got pregnant before marriage it was taboo. I lost my virginity to someone I wasn't super 'connected' emotionally. I am glad I did it. when I met the love of my life (who ripped my heart out) I had a very special moment when we did it. so you should just go ahead with it
J_Tonge97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you want to have fun then go out there and do it, sex isn't just for romance, its a basic instinct. What would happen if you wait for this person you love and it doesn't work out? You might be putting too much emphasis on this potential relationship. The same happened with my ex, too much emphasis on significant firsts, your future boyfriend will be most likely not a virgin anyway.
Juicy J
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Get some experience under your belt, you're going to need it for later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would go for it, no one knows who's the one until you've got to know each other very well. I reckon virginity is best lost within a relationship though.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thanks for the replies!!
I actually regret waiting this long now, i am nearly at the end of 2nd year at uni and nearly every time i go out get with someone but i kind of just end up saying no. i feel like it was mainly my housemates and friends stopping me, saying i will regret it. it really annoy me now cause i feel like i have missed out on an aspect that could have been so fun and exciting!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.15%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (382)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.27%

Watched Threads