ALL-NIGHTER tips! Watch

games211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anybody else, like me, need the motivation to do all-nighters?
TheStoryteller
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is a bit late but yes please :erm:

I've been saying I'd stay up to catch up on work for ages tbh. I'm going to try it out tonight so we'll see how it goes. :dontknow:
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't bother trying to work all night. It is really quiet but I know I'd just be really fatigued throughout the next day, so not worth it.
Valyrian
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
From all the revision im doing during the day I'm finding it difficult to sleep cause of stress. I would love to have the option to sleep in stead of being forced to stay awake all night :lol:
TheStoryteller
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gott)
All nighters are bad for memory and put unnecessary stress on your brain. What is the point of them?
I honestly hate them but I feel like a) I tend to remember most at night and b) sometimes you have to do them when you're super far behind on work and want to catch up :yawn:
TheStoryteller
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Valyrian)
From all the revision im doing during the day I'm finding it difficult to sleep cause of stress. I would love to have the option to sleep in stead of being forced to stay awake all night :lol:
When I actually do want to sleep this usually happens instead :moon:
Valyrian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheStoryteller)
When I actually do want to sleep this usually happens instead :moon:
High five, man.
German123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I used to do all nighters and clearly remember revising the night before my maths exam.

:rolleyes:
AdamCee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Make coffee

But instead of putting the coffee in water

Put it in Monster Energy

Then you have double the caffeine.

Only then, OP, have you mastered the art of the All Nighter
TheStoryteller
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gott)
I wouldn't advise them
Me neither tbf :sadnod:
German123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just re write your notes over and over again until they sink in your head.
games211
Rep:
?
This is a bit late but yes please :erm:

I've been saying I'd stay up to catch up on work for ages tbh. I'm going to try it out tonight so we'll see how it goes. :dontknow:
still up
get_in_the_robot
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm too stressed out to sleep and too lazy to revise. As always. But no all-nighter for me.

EDIT: Oh, here are your tips, by the way.

- Eat fruits. Oh so many fruits. They give you gradual releases of energy as opposed to the spikes that sugary stuff does... which makes you crash.
- If you're used to coffee, try decaf instead. I know I know, it sounds dumb, but it's a placebo. Your body will think it's just taken in a load of caffein. Drink the real coffee later, when you're actually gonna crash.
- Splash cold water on your wrists if you're feeling sleepy. Perks you up. Basically the mini equivalent of an ice-cold shower.
- Take a power-nap mid-day if you have someone who will DEFINITELY wake you up. 25 mins maximum.
- Get an early night the next day PLEASE. Otherwise your body will hate you forever.
games211
Rep:
?
(Original post by get_in_the_robot)
I'm too stressed out to sleep and too lazy to revise. As always. But no all-nighter for me.
You don't call being up at this time an all-nighter
TheStoryteller
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by games211)
still up
Same, and still on TSR :rolleyes:

I better get off and try to get Reaction Kinetics (Chemistry) into my head before I get tempted to "take a short nap" which always results in me sleeping till morning :unimpressed:.
yabbayabba
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I study better at night. If I have nothing else but studying to do, I regularly wake up at 2-3pm and stay up til 7am. Works for me. Not conventional and people say it's weird, but they're not the one studying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
games211
Rep:
?
Same, and still on TSR :rolleyes:

I better get off and try to get Reaction Kinetics (Chemistry) into my head before I get tempted to "take a short nap" which always results in me sleeping till morning :unimpressed:.
lool
get_in_the_robot
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by games211)
You don't call being up at this time an all-nighter
Noo! Of course not! I've been pulling all-nighters since year 7 (I had actual insomnia) so this is good for me. School nights I usually sleep at 1-2am and I get along fine. My body has more or less acclimatised for running on little sleep. The more I have now, the groggier I get (although my height is apparently permanently stunted... boo). I am the master of all-nighters. Learnt from the best. :cool:
AyeshaAK
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Pulled an all-nighter yoooo - off to bed. Shouldn't have been lazy the last months. Oh well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.69%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.29%
No I am happy with my course choice (358)
56.38%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.65%

Watched Threads