L'Etudiant
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am on Edexcel and I have focused almost all of my time on the Pure and Mechanics modules, not realising how big the D2 textbook is :eek:

By self-teaching, how long did it take you to cover it and get a respectable grade? (80+UMS). It is my last exam so I don't think I will be starting it until late May/ early June. I might get Livemaths to help as they seem to have tutorials for D2.

In comparison, how long did it take you to self-teach M2 and S2? I got lazy and have spent two weeks on M2 and I am yet to finish...
physicsmaths
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by L'Etudiant)
I am on Edexcel and I have focused almost all of my time on the Pure and Mechanics modules, not realising how big the D2 textbook is :eek:

By self-teaching, how long did it take you to cover it and get a respectable grade? (80+UMS). It is my last exam so I don't think I will be starting it until late May/ early June. I might get Livemaths to help as they seem to have tutorials for D2.

In comparison, how long did it take you to self-teach M2 and S2? I got lazy and have spent two weeks on M2 and I am yet to finish...
I did all the papers and learnt M2 in two weeks as it was my last exam last year with 2 weeks full revision for it! I got 100UMS in it so it is doable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
L'Etudiant
Rep:
?
(Original post by physicsmaths)
I did all the papers and learnt M2 in two weeks as it was my last exam last year with 2 weeks full revision for it! I got 100UMS in it so it is doable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is reassuring but I won't have the opportunity to concentrate on only one module at a time because all of my exams are so close together :/

Have you done D2? May I also ask how long it took you to learn M1?
physicsmaths
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That is reassuring but I won't have the opportunity to concentrate on only one module at a time because all of my exams are so close together :/

Have you done D2? May I also ask how long it took you to learn M1?
We did M1 in class so it took 2 months ish. Couldve halved that easily but it was our first module so hadnt got the hang of thigs yet.
Also no I have not done D2 nor do I plan on doing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
L'Etudiant
Rep:
?
(Original post by physicsmaths)
We did M1 in class so it took 2 months ish. Couldve halved that easily but it was our first module so hadnt got the hang of thigs yet.
Also no I have not done D2 nor do I plan on doing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool! In that case may I ask how long you spent on average on the Core and Further Pure Units - would you say 3 weeks on each is normal for the later modules?
physicsmaths
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Cool! In that case may I ask how long you spent on average on the Core and Further Pure Units - would you say 3 weeks on each is normal for the later modules?
I kind of worked through them throughout the year except for FP1 where I just banged it out before for around 3 weeks re learning knowledge and pst papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
L'Etudiant
Rep:
?
Anybody else willing to disclose how long it took them to complete certain modules?
Kvothe the Arcane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anybody else willing to disclose how long it took them to complete certain modules?
In our further maths class, it took about 4-6 weeks per module.
L'Etudiant
Rep:
?
(Original post by keromedic)
In our further maths class, it took about 4-6 weeks per module.
That sounds about right - how many hours of classes did you have a week?
Kvothe the Arcane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That sounds about right - how many hours of classes did you have a week?
AstroNandos
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm sure we learnt D2 in about 2-3 months at school, with about 4 hours a week.We usually went on and did other stuff that wasn't related, so I reckon it takes much less time to self teach, plus I think it has less content than D1, albeit slightly harder. I am on OCR btw
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (438)
67.49%
No (211)
32.51%

Watched Threads