Marc Vivien Foe - RIP Watch

This discussion is closed.
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
For those of you who don't know, Marc Vivien Foe was a professional footballer. Whilst playing for Cameroon last night, he collapsed in the middle of the match and the medical staff at the stadium were unable to resuscitate him. He was only 28 years old, and in the last year he played football in England for Manchester City and West Ham.

I'm sure everyone on the board would join me in expressing my condolences to his family, and to all his many fans. As a football fan myself, I can say he will be sorely missed.

Marc Vivien Foe, 1975-2003 - RIP.

Makes you think people, what happened to him could happen to anyone. As if people need reminding, live for the day and if you can avoid it, don't ever go to bed with regrets.

Cheers for reading,
From a very sad Ed.
Jac
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This was a shock. I extend my condolences to his family and friends.

Jac
stacked actor
Report 16 years ago
RIP

I watched that on TV last night. It was shockingly tragic to say the least.

Death is so sudden and so; real and so completely final. I know I'll always have regrets; but who doesn't?
Goku_ssj4
Report 16 years ago
very tradegic indeed !
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i reckon there was more too it. a 'fit' 28 year old footballer doesnt just collapse and die!

i reckon it may be drug related. Might be a bit synicle but it does seem very far fetched to me.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It was a real surprise and shock to me when I heard that he had died. 28 is very young, and I can't believe it. Is it common for such young people to die of a heart attack? I too send my condolences to his family and friends. It's a tragic event, which has undoubtedly affected a great number of people.
Goku_ssj4
Report 16 years ago
ISNT related to drugs !!!!!!! He had a disease ironically called sudden death syndrome !
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i believe that his death was related to drugs. there has been a shockingly high number of unexplained incidents where players have collapsed and died on the pitch. between 1999 and 2001 four romanian players collapsed and died in this manner! in no way am i suggesting that foe was intentionally using drugs but could it not be that he suffered a reaction to some kind of supplement given to him by a coach? i am not into conspiracy theories but i just cannot understand how someone in such fantastic physical condition can collapse and die, once or twice maybe it is natural but when you are talking about four players in two years it seems more sinister.
Goku_ssj4
Report 16 years ago
erm did u read my last post ?????? I Guess not !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I guess you read about "Sudden-Death Syndrome" in the Sun.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Goku_ssj4
erm did u read my last post ?????? I Guess not !!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think you are the one who did not read the post, i said that one or two deaths could be explained by something like "sudden death syndrome" but four players in two years cannot be accounted for by such an explanation. so try to engage brain first next time and you will not look like such an idiot, even though the amount of exclamation and question marks in your post kind of do that for you anyway.

as for the scientifc validity of "sudden death syndrome", it does sound rather like something you would find printed in the Sun.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sudden Death Syndrome is an actual medical condition. doctors are pretty unclear about how to spot it, but believe it may be something to do with your genetic make-up, so no matter what type of lifestyle you lead, you will still suffer from a premature death. (I read that in the Daily Telegraph + saw it on BBC news btw)

I think that Foe's death is tragic + those trying to tarnish his name by suggesting it was drugs- do you not think they would have found evidence of drugs in his bloodstream?

I think that Manchester City and Cameroon have both been very tounching in commemorating his death- Man City have retired the no. 23 shirt out of respect + Cameroon were going to play their next match (i think it was last night) with his name on every shirt.

He has his place in history- the last player to score at Maine Road, so hopefully he will not be forgotten.

My thought and prayers are with his family.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you read the teletext, you will see that drugs has already been ruled out as a cause of death. But they're still trying to figure out what the actual cause of death is.
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I heard about this on the radio in school.

His death is sad even though I'm not a footie fan.

But I think that he died while playing football which is something he loved - it has to be a lot better than a slow and painful death in a hospital bed.
MarcVivienFoe
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Marc's death had nothing to do with drugs. he died of naturla causes and we in the football world will miss him greatly! he was a really kind hearted fella, a gentle giant to say the least, and an awesome footballer..both tactically and skillfully!

MARC VIVIEN FOE R.I.P
SzA
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
R.I.P
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Yes, this was very sad. As an American, it is difficult to find people who know what the Confederations Cup is, let alone who the man Marc-Vivien Foe was.

On a positive side, it was wonderful to hear about the things he brought to those who knew him. His cheer and happiness seemed to be contagious. He seemed to be a true role model in a time when role models are difficult to find.

An American soccer fan,
Brian
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Pah, football is for losers!
Why do people watch this "sport"?!
Oh look how macho and cool i am cos i like watching football oh yeah how cool am i?!?!
Ermm........NO.

It is sad it really is, all football players are thick and so are their fans - they are all lager louts who need a life.

Enough said.

PS I am not disrespecting the dead I havent mentioned this person ur talking about whoever he is, just making a point about footballers and their fans
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
....I suuppose you consider yourself openminded then? That's a terrific generalization.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hell yeah I love gay and different race people - isnt that open minded?
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (199)
12.7%
Excited (136)
8.68%
Worried (287)
18.32%
Terrified (355)
22.65%
Meh (136)
8.68%
Confused (35)
2.23%