The Student Room Group

Fashion Bloggers - To Trust or Not To Trust

Hey

I'm writing my undergrad dissertation at the moment around fashion bloggers and their effect on consumer buying.

The focus of discussion is whether followers can trust bloggers anymore ? this is due to the large number of fashion bloggers who receive gifts to blog about and get paid to blog about certain brands and clothes, does this make them more like an advert in a magazine ? Does it ruin what fashion bloggers started off as ? Or do you think there is nothing wrong with them blogging sponsored posts (adverts) ?

Let me know your opinions guys, it would be a massive help !
Hi!:smile: I think that if the blogger after receiving gifts, stills have a very strong and realistic criticism of the brand its perfectly fine, but, if this gifts blocked the criteria of the bloggers I guess is not a very confident source anymore. Its very obvious when thins happens.
I think it's common for most bloggers to receive gifts from companies because companies know bloggers are perceived to be far more trustworthy than just plain out advertising. Most brands will ask multiple bloggers to sponsor the same product to make sure that their product is truly good/or is touted to be good. Keep in mind that one time sponsorships probably doesn't mean that you should buy the product-bloggers will tend to use one product over and over again and that's something you should buy.

But there are some bloggers that are super shady though, but it's more to the way they conduct their own businesses or deliberately sponsor bad products. If only one blogger gushes about a product, then it's probably a sign that it's not really a good product.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending