The Student Room Group

Is it too late to revise for AS chemistry ?

I've done revision throughout the year but it has not been heavy and I have slacked this past week, I know it is bad:frown: do i still have time?
Reply 1
Im confused, you've done revision throughout the year but you're asking us if its too late to revise? If you have good quality notes which are organised than all you need to do is commit certain information to memory and then do past papers.
Original post by Jasonpt
Im confused, you've done revision throughout the year but you're asking us if its too late to revise? If you have good quality notes which are organised than all you need to do is commit certain information to memory and then do past papers.

yes but my revision has been light, In this easter half term shall i just go over my notes? then on study leave do past papers? I'm confused
not if you start now instead of posting it on tsr
Original post by kandykissesxox
yes but my revision has been light, In this easter half term shall i just go over my notes? then on study leave do past papers? I'm confused

Probably the perfect thing to do.
Start revising content; don't do too much, just do little bits daily to try and retain it.
I assume when you get back after Easter you'll be finishing the course and you'll be revising in lessons? That'll help a lot too.
During study leave do past papers; past papers will contextualise the content/theory you've learnt to teach you how to write about it in exams and you'll be fine :smile: There's nothing to worry about!
Original post by unknownone
Probably the perfect thing to do.
Start revising content; don't do too much, just do little bits daily to try and retain it.
I assume when you get back after Easter you'll be finishing the course and you'll be revising in lessons? That'll help a lot too.
During study leave do past papers; past papers will contextualise the content/theory you've learnt to teach you how to write about it in exams and you'll be fine :smile: There's nothing to worry about!

thank you so much! I honestly thought i had no time left but you've broken it down :colondollar:
Reply 6

Look through notes, do past papers. Mark them then write down topics you get wrong and revise those.
It's a bit late, I would say.
I still have hope, so I recommend you do this:

1. Print out Past Papers (you've probably read this a million times).
2. Read other peoples notes.
3. Complete questions from your textbook.
4. Practice defining key words.
5. Read your notes (if you have any).
6. Create notes on topics you're struggling on.
7. Teach/Test others (this makes sure you know it yourself so you can correct others).

Yep. It can be done within the Easter Break.
(should of started earlier though :yawn:)
I've done revision throughout the year but it has not been heavy and I have slacked this past week, I know it is bad:frown: do i still have time?

Are you having a laugh? When's the exam? You still have easily enough time to revise and get an A if it's more than two weeks away.
Reply 9
You definitely have enough time, I didn't do any revision just the homeworks and class tests and got a C, that's just because I wasn't interested in it. If you are interested in it you have plenty of time to revise and do well in the exam!
(edited 9 years ago)
Unit 1 is on the 22nd May and unit 2 is on the 2nd June. My teachers keep scaring me saying i have not got enough time

Quick Reply

Latest