bt90
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello, I have offers for the LSE MSc Finance and the LBS Master in Finance. I have to say that I have almost three years experience in front office at a couple of small companies, and I am 27. What would be the best decision considering I want to get into IB?
bt90
Rep:
?
Up
Mr. Roxas
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
LBS has got a more resounding name in the business community. LSE isn't far behind.
omar4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bt90)
Hello, I have offers for the LSE MSc Finance and the LBS Master in Finance. I have to say that I have almost three years experience in front office at a couple of small companies, and I am 27. What would be the best decision considering I want to get into IB?
Do you mind if i ask you your grades in undergraduate and did they base your admission on those grades plus job experience?
bt90
Rep:
?
(Original post by omar4)
Do you mind if i ask you your grades in undergraduate and did they base your admission on those grades plus job experience?
2.1 honours degree and >90% in the quantitative section of GMAT, excellent letters of reference. Good extracurricular and average experience... Academics weigh more for LSE while LBS focuses on experience and GMAT results plus "diversity".
LadyBugMery
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Depends what you want to go for afterwards. LBS would have a clear edge for corporate finance / IB. If you are planning to go back to Front Office, I would say it depends of the options you can take.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
61.02%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.9%