The Student Room Group

How do i contact him?

Hey everyone!
Basically, I met this guy a few years ago and we have since lost contact. I found out that he is at university the other end of the country. I dont want to contact him by social media etc. so i have written a letter to him and thought it would be nice to send it to him.
I have the university address and his faculty address; should I send the letter with FAO [his name] then university address?

Really appreciate you help! x
well you probably should try
It might be a bit creepy to receive a letter out of the blue even though you know his address and everything...Maybe give him a heads up?
Surely social media would be easier?? I know you said you don't wish to that way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Hey everyone!
Basically, I met this guy a few years ago and we have since lost contact. I found out that he is at university the other end of the country. I dont want to contact him by social media etc. so i have written a letter to him and thought it would be nice to send it to him.
I have the university address and his faculty address; should I send the letter with FAO [his name] then university address?

Really appreciate you help! x

If this was the 1940's I'm sure it would be a nice idea or if he had given you his address beforehand. However I'm guessing you snooped around to find this information. To me I'd find this a little too creepy for my liking. Just send him a little message via social media -please.
Reply 5
Original post by phunky_fresh
If this was the 1940's I'm sure it would be a nice idea or if he had given you his address beforehand. However I'm guessing you snooped around to find this information. To me I'd find this a little too creepy for my liking. Just send him a little message via social media -please.

Chilivary obviously died with you...
Chilivary obviously died with you...

There's chivalry and there's creepy. This is borderline creepy.
Reply 7
Depends on the individual I guess. Anyone else think it's creepy?..
Depends on the individual I guess. Anyone else think it's creepy?..

Yes.

I see why you think it's nice, and it is more heart-felt than social media, but it has been years and he did not give you the address. Letter writing isn't that common for such research to be normal anymore. Why not email, then it's not quite social media, nor does it suggest stalking as much. That is, if his email is really obvious and easy to find. If you have to dig at all then just go through social media, behaviour that suggests stalker traits can be off putting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending