What do y'all think is gunna be for:
THE RESTLESS EARTH
WATER ON THE LAND
THE COASTAL ZONE

REPLY DONE BELOWW!

Scroll to see replies

Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm hoping for an oxbow lake formation question but I think that was used last time? So I'm predicting there will be a cross-section of a meander question.
Reply 3
No one has made this thread yet, so I thought why not?!

Anyone else doing this exam? Which topics are you doing? Which one are you most worried for?

I'm doing Coasts, Restless Earth and Water on the Land

Definitely most worried about Coasts... don't know anything about that one;/

What does everyone predict will come up this year? I am going to make another thread, but for the Human one as well:smile:
Im doing it next year. My topics are Restless Earth, Water on the land and The challenge of weather and climate.
Original post by fabsafxo
No one has made this thread yet, so I thought why not?!

Anyone else doing this exam? Which topics are you doing? Which one are you most worried for?

I'm doing Coasts, Restless Earth and Water on the Land

Definitely most worried about Coasts... don't know anything about that one;/

What does everyone predict will come up this year? I am going to make another thread, but for the Human one as well:smile:

I am doing the same topics as u :smile:
Doing the exact same topics as you! Swapped teachers half way through the year.. New teacher is terrible :frown: I'm so worried about water on land and coasts, we've literally spent around 3 lessons on each
Doing the same as you
I also swapped teachers half way through, we haven't even finished tourism or started water on land yet and the exam is like 5/6 weeks away. So definitely most worried for water on land, fine with the other two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Samuel2599
Doing the same as you
I also swapped teachers half way through, we haven't even finished tourism or started water on land yet and the exam is like 5/6 weeks away. So definitely most worried for water on land, fine with the other two.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey :smile: my class finished the water on land topic in around 3 lessons.. We did go through very quickly but it's all covered really well in the AQA textbook and also their revision guide. Try not to stress too much :smile: it's mainly erosion processes and river landforms with a bit on flooding and hydrographs and then a few case studies
Haha hard not to stress when I've got 23 exams in total

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same :frown: feels like I'm never going to remember enough for 23 exams!!
I always loose out on the SPAG marks :frown:
Reply 13
I'm doing Coasts, Rivers (Water on the Land) and Ecosystems (The Living World).

Coasts is the topic we've spent the most time on and I like the topic, but we spent too much time on the controlled assessment and now we still have 1.5 modules to go before the exams.

I've been given the Nelson Thornes textbook and that's quite good. If anything, it goes into too much detail.
Reply 14
Im doing The Restless Earth, Water on Land and The Living World. Hate the living world - what a nightmare. Im only worried about memorising model questions and learning all the case studies for none of which will probably come up anyway. Im definitely better with Unit 1 than Unit 2.

For unit 2 I'm doing Tourism, The Development Gap and Population. Screwed for all of them. Tourism is fine but the other two are just like wtf. We spent like a week on the content so what the hell
Original post by Fallen99
I am doing the same topics as u :smile:

I swapped teachers half way through tourism, and just completed Coasts with her... I do not understand any of it though!

I understand water on the land...that's about it!

What do you think the six markers will be?:smile:
Original post by fabsafxo
I swapped teachers half way through tourism, and just completed Coasts with her... I do not understand any of it though!

I understand water on the land...that's about it!

What do you think the six markers will be?:smile:

6 marker??? u mean 8
Original post by Fallen99
6 marker??? u mean 8

Nawwh they do 6 markers...there is like one eight marker in each paper but there are 6 markers...aren't there?

Or am I just confused lol x
I'm doing coasts, ecosystems and restless earth- any predictions on coasts? Cliff collapse has not come up for a while- going go over Barton on Sea case study.
Original post by morgie james
i'm doing coasts, ecosystems and restless earth- any predictions on coasts? Cliff collapse has not come up for a while- going go over barton on sea case study.

exam nearly here...how dya feel?!?!?!

Quick Reply

Latest