The Student Room Group

how many hours of revision are you doing a day and how are you revising?

how long have you been revising for? ive just started intense revision but i know for a fact after 1 week ill be dead and less motivated :frown:
Reply 1
Try to revise all year, only started proper revison now, just haven't had time before. I'm doing roughly 6-8 hours a day this week, will step down a bit next week
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
10-15 past papers 3/4 nights per week and roughly 5 hours of revision per week.
Started about 3 weeks ago
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm tsing for uni exams. 5 hours per day for the next 3 weeks and then intense revision on the subject I'm doing the exam, then repeat

Posted from TSR Mobile
im doing psychology economics and eng lit...i mainly revise for 1 hour in the morning between 7-8 before going downstairs then around 10 i do either psychology or economics then i go back downstairs at 12 and have lunch which ends roughly at 1:30.I then go back upstairs and revise until 3 and then come downstairs for a relaxation period until about 7:30 before going upstairs to bath and revise which ends at approximately 9:15/30? is that a decent amount of revision?

For psychology im doing post-it notes for my notes and reading them out loud
For economics im going through exam questions and do active revision by choosing a topic and writing down everything i know about that topic than using that to revise,i also have a checklist of some topics that I NEED to go over
For Eng Lit-im rereading the texts and poems and noting down key themes and quotes,hoping to start doing exam questions aswell in my free periods?

Is this a good plan of attack considering exams are in like a months time?
This Easter holiday I've worked about 10 hours a day excl. breaks, I seem much more motivated when there's no one at home and it's quiet.
I revise for about 8 hours.

I revise as I would if I had school which works well and I rest during the evening

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Planning on doing about 5 hours a day. This week is just going over topics

Next week will just be past papers to see where I am going wrong, and then the three weeks after that til exams working on the topics I suck at

Probably going to try and stick to 5 hours throughout (although once back at school probably 3 hours). Don't want to burn myself out or anything...

Quick Reply

Latest