The Student Room Group

What forms of ID can i use for clubs.

Hi all my 18th is just around the corner and I was wondering what ID I could take with me out clubbing as I won't have my provisional available as hopefully I pass my driving test a few days before I'm due to go out.
I've got a NUS extra card with a photo and dob but unsure whether it will be accepted with clubs.
And a bit nervous about taking my passport, what other forms of ID are there?
I'll be watching this thread. Still need to apply for my provisional. my passport is expired too. No NUS card either
Generally clubs only take passport or driving license (provisional or full) there used to be a certified ID card you could buy but it never caught on. Unsure if it's still available.
Passport, driving license or citizen cards (and I think there is something else but can't quite remember). I'm sure a google would suffice.

To be honest I'd recommend a drivers license as it's cheaper to replace than a passport if lost. And despite the fact other forms of ID like citizen cards are legally supposed to be accepted some places aren't familiar with some of the newer ID cards and turn people away (seen it happen).

And no and NUS card is not a legal ID, while some places may let you off and let you in with it they're not supposed to.
Usually everything with a PASS logo is accepted.

NUS cards are barely accepted as it can be easily copied etc. but I reckon you could go to a few dodgy ones without them asking.
Reply 5
Original post by crazyjim
Hi all my 18th is just around the corner and I was wondering what ID I could take with me out clubbing as I won't have my provisional available as hopefully I pass my driving test a few days before I'm due to go out.
I've got a NUS extra card with a photo and dob but unsure whether it will be accepted with clubs.
And a bit nervous about taking my passport, what other forms of ID are there?

You can take your driver's license out with you as ID. I wouldn't take a passport, as it's expensive to replace! I'm very nervous about taking my passport out, I always take my provisional driver's license :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Password and Driving licenses are the ones that'll definitely be accepted.

http://www.validateuk.co.uk/ These cards with the PASS thing are often accepted but the other night my friend used his and the bouncers turned him away.

An NUS card won't get you in a club.
Growing a beard/moustache.
Most people use an expertly rendered oil painting.

Or breasts.
The two officially accepted forms of ID are Driving License and Paaports.

Clubs can choice if they wish to accept anything with a 'PASS' logo on, student ID, Work ID[If DOB on it] or any other form of ID,
Reply 10
My passport is still in date but the picture is from 2011...can I use that?
Original post by butemm
My passport is still in date but the picture is from 2011...can I use that?

Yes

OP - anything with a PASS logo is technically valid, but loads of clubs don't accept them since they're very easy to fake. Passport and driving license are universally accepted.

What you can do is send off for a replacement provisional license (claiming you've 'lost it') then you'll have two. Should be like £30. The other option is to not hand your provisional license in after your test and send it in later with your pass certificate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is a provisional driving license valid then?
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Is a provisional driving license valid then?

As a form of ID? :yes:
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
As a form of ID? :yes:

Oh I see, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending