The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies 2015 Buss 1/2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
I'm confused as to how people got 1.45%

If you did the 200,000 net profit / 2,500,000 sales x 100, that gave me 8?
Reply 981
Original post by Kelem

If you did the 200,000 bet profit / 2,500,000 sales x 100, that gave me 8?

It said profit margins were decreasing, So that's why I think its 1.45%

Cant remember how I got it though
Original post by iwritebooks
AQA threw some bad questions in there, product portfolio etc. Some of the wordings of the questions were awful.

I totally agree, glad I'm not alone. Perhaps the grade boundaries will be lower.
Reply 983
I found that difficult, a lot the questions were worded to trick you out. The Net profit Margin I messed up, I reckon it was 1.45% as it said net profit margins were declining so surely it would be less than what is was in 2013 which was 3.15%
Original post by Kelem

If you did the 200,000 bet profit / 2,500,000 sales x 100, that gave me 8?

Net profit margin = net profit/sales REVENUE x100.
The answer is 20000/1375000 x 100 = 1.45%
Original post by Kimberlybrett1
I got 19.1% and was certain that was correct, but the only thing that got me was the Boston matrix. Came as a surprise.

Hope we all did well :smile:

Also got that but people have different answers
Original post by S345k
I got 1.45% Margin, I think that's correct.

I destroyed the exam, knew everything

That's what I got :biggrin: well done btw!!
Yep, a lot of people in my class got 1.45% so i think that may be right.....some how i got 2.1%
Reply 988
Original post by Sammmmmi
Net profit margin = net profit/sales REVENUE x100.
The answer is 20000/1375000 x 100 = 1.45%

How did you get those values for net profit and sales revenue, what did you calculate
Everyone I know got 1.45% for the profit margin. I felt quite rushed for time and only saw the capacity utilisation figures 2 minutes before the end! :frown:
Reply 990
Original post by De Re Publica
That's what I got :biggrin: well done btw!!

Thank you such a relief after I screwed up buss1
Reply 991
Im so relieved, I did the £6 as the price by accident first time but it said it was decreasing from 2013 so I changed to the £5 and got 1.45% :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SSJ100
I found that difficult, a lot the questions were worded to trick you out. The Net profit Margin I messed up, I reckon it was 1.45% as it said net profit margins were declining so surely it would be less than what is was in 2013 which was 3.15%

I didn't even pay attention to that!! :frown: you make a good point and I'm confident I got that wrong now. Do you think I'll get any marks for writing the formula at least? Well done for getting that!
Defo 1.45% - it was price of tickets (£5.50) x number of tickets sold (2500000) = £13,750,000 and then profit was £200,000

£200,000/£13,750,000 x 100 = 1.45%
well i clearly fooooked that up.:unimpressed: I got 8% for profit margin:angry:
Original post by S345k
Thank you such a relief after I screwed up buss1

Might I ask what you messed up in Buss1? :smile:
How many marks would you get for using 6.33 instead of the £5 figure for the net profit margin question?
Also got 1.45 for the calculation. Loved the paper and the questions and actually had spare time even after filling all the space?! However like someone else said the wording was quite unclear on a couple of the questions like the promotional mix one?
Reply 998
I didn't even pay attention to that!! :frown: you make a good point and I'm confident I got that wrong now. Do you think I'll get any marks for writing the formula at least? Well done for getting that!

Yeah definitely as long as you have defined the formula's

for net profit margin, Profit and revenue

If you calculated it correctly up until the point of the answer ie - only messing up the answer, you will likely recurve 5/6 marks, therefore only dropping 1 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending