Revision help- how much should I be doing a day?

Watch
oc7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm starting to worry that I should have started revising way before now and am also very slow to get into the swing of things. I am currently preparing for my AS exams of AQA Applied Business, Edexcel Geography, Edexcel English Language and OCR Philosophy and Ethics. Three of these subjects are very content heavy and essay based, which is why I think I should have began revising earlier. However, between now and the time I have left which is about 5 weeks, how much revision should I be doing a day and should I be worried?
High Stakes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Realistically 2-4 hours a day. I would suggest bumping it a bit higher on days nearing the exams just to cram in more information. But always be efficient.

Now if we're talking how many hours a TSR student should do? They should aim for about 25 hours a day if possible. Otherwise you're going to fail life.
Bobjim12
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by High Stakes)
Realistically 2-4 hours a day. I would suggest bumping it a bit higher on days nearing the exams just to cram in more information. But always be efficient.

Now if we're talking how many hours a TSR student should do? They should aim for about 25 hours a day if possible. Otherwise you're going to fail life.
Correction, if it's a TSR student its 0 hours, because all state education is piss.
oc7
Rep:
?
Thanks, but have I started too late? That's what I'm mainly worried about as I'm aiming for A's and B's.
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by oc7)
I'm starting to worry that I should have started revising way before now and am also very slow to get into the swing of things. I am currently preparing for my AS exams of AQA Applied Business, Edexcel Geography, Edexcel English Language and OCR Philosophy and Ethics. Three of these subjects are very content heavy and essay based, which is why I think I should have began revising earlier. However, between now and the time I have left which is about 5 weeks, how much revision should I be doing a day and should I be worried?

It is not the quantity but the quality that matters.
you should watch this clip and pay attention at the end when that man talks about revision techniques.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h1olTR3KIo
High Stakes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by oc7)
Thanks, but have I started too late? That's what I'm mainly worried about as I'm aiming for A's and B's.
It's never too late. Instead of worrying here on the forum, you should be focusing your energy into revising efficiently and preparing yourself for the exams. Do so at your own pace but be wary of the time you have. Exams are in May and we have 4-5 weeks from now, which is plenty of time supposing you use it well.
user1806975
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
:3 .. I am currently in year 10 and I am revising really hard for next year and this year. I would say just read the information. I don't know if this might help but I always bullet point things even if its like one word. This word will then help me write out a sentence. Some people learn by watching videos. I know a boy in my class who revises by recording himself read the revision guide and then listens back to it like a million times < this proves to be highly effective as he actually get really good grades. Maybe mind map, read out-loud and PAST PAPERS. Yes past papers, they repeat the same old questions year after year, you might even find a few repeats when your do them.
oc7
Rep:
?
Thanks guys, really appreciate the advice and help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (572)
34.35%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (684)
41.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (334)
20.06%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.5%

Watched Threads