The Student Room Group

What type of social life for the post uni single guy?

So ive been graduated a while now and lost most freinds..seen many on fb married with kids etc now..well im not into that..

And tbh as i was focused on studies i never done much partying during uni but i regret that now as it feels that was the time to do it.

So here i am a few years out of uni with minimal freinds and no long term plans at all..

I see all the parties and people going to clubs etc in grps but feel they are like uni kids and im no longer in that crowd.

So wtf is a guy like me meant to do...dont want to be a tag along with young folk trying to crash parties with the young ones etc...

but then again the married/couple lifestyle aint for me.,

Ideally mentally im still 19-20 wanting to go to clubs/parties at weekends etc...but those opportunities seem dead.

any ideas or people in similar boat?
Get yourself a nice little professional qualification from a course and go abroad, travel a bit, have some fun and make some money on the side whilst you're out there experiencing the big world. Why not? You only get one life to do it in so you may as well make the most of it whilst you can.
Reply 2
Original post by Europhile
Get yourself a nice little professional qualification from a course and go abroad, travel a bit, have some fun and make some money on the side whilst you're out there experiencing the big world. Why not? You only get one life to do it in so you may as well make the most of it whilst you can.

soory should mention i done that lol i went abroad after uni for a few years but now im back home a while...still im not ready to settle down never will be...i still wanna party etc
Reply 3
the situation you're in is really common for many single men in their end 20s and beginning 30s. In fact myself, i am seeing this situation coming so i am also trying to deal with this by preparing strategies for the upcoming "vacuum". So far i can only give following advices: Learn to let got, as people have stated above try to see yourself in new roles. If you find new things that you enjoy it will get easier for you to let go from old lifestyles; Find people who are in the same situation as you (and believe me there are many); The gymn is a good location to stay fit and meet similiar people at the same time; Use what it takes to make yourself happy, There are many online social media platforms that will allow you to meet many people who are looking for the same thing as you. Get in touch with them and see if you find your party buddy. In any case you have go for it, it will not just come along...I'm in my end 20s and will be studying in London starting on october if you there we can meet for a drink
regards
Why do you want to remain in the past, in that lifestyle?

You dont wanna look back in a few years time and see you're late 20s and no different than when you were 20, doing the sam things, etc. Its not really progressing yourself.

Having said that, are you working anywhere now? Cos young professionals who are in roles still go out and party?
Original post by musicola
So ive been graduated a while now and lost most freinds..seen many on fb married with kids etc now..well im not into that..

And tbh as i was focused on studies i never done much partying during uni but i regret that now as it feels that was the time to do it.

So here i am a few years out of uni with minimal freinds and no long term plans at all..

I see all the parties and people going to clubs etc in grps but feel they are like uni kids and im no longer in that crowd.

So wtf is a guy like me meant to do...dont want to be a tag along with young folk trying to crash parties with the young ones etc...

but then again the married/couple lifestyle aint for me.,

Ideally mentally im still 19-20 wanting to go to clubs/parties at weekends etc...but those opportunities seem dead.

any ideas or people in similar boat?

Sounds a lot like me except I'm graduating this year. Kind of wish I didn't bother trying so hard as I haven't managed to secure a graduate job.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Sounds a lot like me except I'm graduating this year. Kind of wish I didn't bother trying so hard as I haven't managed to secure a graduate job.

yeh was pointless i shoulda spent that time just partying instead of studying lol
Graduated last summer and my only social life outside of work is texting a couple of people.

It's so lonely and there's no way I can do this for the rest of my life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending