How do you revise for History? Watch

rhiifuu
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Sorry if there's already a post similar to this! But, I'm just curious how others revise for Higher History for Paper 1 and 2.
Oh also, those who are doing Britain and Germany topics, what are your predictions this year? Since there was no Nazi essay last year, do you think for definite there will be one this year?
Elliemcq
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm just doing essay plans and practicing source questions! Our topics sound different though. I'm doing Russia, Britain and Migration and Empire (Scotland)
miacat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What I've always done is learn the textbook. :nuts:
Magnus Taylor
Report 4 years ago
Create timelines of key dates, read the text then read again and highlight then write out the highlighted lines
rhiifuu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elliemcq)
I'm just doing essay plans and practicing source questions! Our topics sound different though. I'm doing Russia, Britain and Migration and Empire (Scotland)
We are doing Migration and Empire also! My teacher gave us so much notes so I'm learning all of them. I hope we get good questions this year for the essays though.
rhiifuu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Magnus Taylor)
Create timelines of key dates, read the text then read again and highlight then write out the highlighted lines
Thanks i'll try that! I struggle to remember dates or get them mixed up. I've never thought of creating a timeline.
Elliemcq
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm so worried about the source questions! I can never do them and got somethint like 8/20 on the prelim 😣😣 best question I could get would be how democratic was Britain and one on the Russian revolution!
rhiifuu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elliemcq)
I'm so worried about the source questions! I can never do them and got somethint like 8/20 on the prelim ����������
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.8%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.57%
No I am happy with my course choice (534)
59.4%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.24%

Watched Threads