The Student Room Group

Is it OK/normal to look at other girls?

I've been with my GF for close to a year now and things are fantastic, and we obviously feel very strong about each other.

Is it normal for both parties to look at other people, i.e people we find attractive?

I mean I find my GF super attractive, and she's the only girl I want, but sometimes we'll cross an attractive girl and I'll just quickly look at her. When I look, I don't want to be with her, I just find her appealing or whatever but that's it.

A lot of people, mostly women, have told me I should dump my Gf because I obviously don't want to be with her. But I know who I want to be with, and that's my GF.

What does everyone else thjnk?
Do you think it's normal behaviour?
Reply 1
Of course it's normal to be attracted to other people. It's not like you think about that person everyday, and imagine you sleeping with her, or worse even slept with her. As long as if your main priority is your girlfriend, and you feel slightly guilty :mmm: about what happened, then I suppose you're all good to go

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Just tell yourself you have "no chance" of being with more attractive girls than your GF
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
Just tell yourself you have "no chance" of being with more attractive girls than your GF

Why on earth should he be so self deprecating?

There's nothing wrong with finding other girls hot, just because you're in a relationship it doesn't mean you suddenly think there's only one hot girl in the world. To be honest she probably sees some men and thinks they're good looking; as long as neither of you do anything more than that then there's no issue

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wade-
Why on earth should he be so self deprecating?

There's nothing wrong with finding other girls hot, just because you're in a relationship it doesn't mean you suddenly think there's only one hot girl in the world. To be honest she probably sees some men and thinks they're good looking; as long as neither of you do anything more than that then there's no issue

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I know she does, but like me, she wouldn't act on it.
Original post by Phoenix.
Of course it's normal to be attracted to other people. It's not like you think about that person everyday, and imagine you sleeping with her, or worse even slept with her. As long as if your main priority is your girlfriend, and you feel slightly guilty :mmm: about what happened, then I suppose you're all good to go

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I suppose I do feel a little guilty when I look at them. It's not like I stare at them, I just quickly look and think "daaaaaaamn she's fit" lol but I'm reality my GF is hotter haha.
I would never cheat on her.
Lately I've begun to look at other girls a lot and wish I was with them instead...even if they're not as attractive as my girlfriend...I don't get it
EVERYONE does this, EVERYONE.

Me and my bf even check out other people together or point out others.
Reply 8
usually we look at other girls when we are out of home. i think it's a common tendency for all men. don't worry
Reply 9
Let your gf eat your eyes with a spoon.
Problem fixed.
Absolutely normal
As a girl, I understood boys will look at other girls (whilst in a relationship) however, if they make comments about other girls in front of their gf that's a different story. My ex use to do it all the time and when I got annoyed would bring up my lack of self esteem making me get annoyed,to justify his actions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VotreAltesse
I've been with my GF for close to a year now and things are fantastic, and we obviously feel very strong about each other.

Is it normal for both parties to look at other people, i.e people we find attractive?

I mean I find my GF super attractive, and she's the only girl I want, but sometimes we'll cross an attractive girl and I'll just quickly look at her. When I look, I don't want to be with her, I just find her appealing or whatever but that's it.

A lot of people, mostly women, have told me I should dump my Gf because I obviously don't want to be with her. But I know who I want to be with, and that's my GF.

What does everyone else thjnk?
Do you think it's normal behaviour?

I really hope these girls saying you should dump her because you find other women attractive are really young. Depressing when adults are that insecure. Everyone finds other people attractive.
Original post by Sophi12
As a girl, I understood boys will look at other girls (whilst in a relationship) however, if they make comments about other girls in front of their gf that's a different story. My ex use to do it all the time and when I got annoyed would bring up my lack of self esteem making me get annoyed,to justify his actions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: He sounds like a horrible boyfriend. You deserve someone a lot better than that!
Imho: it's annoying but I look at other guys too so I don't judge.
Just remember the rule: you can look but you can't touch :wink:
Stick to looking. Try not to gawk or comment.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Sophi12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Weird that you feel a need to specify that boys will check out girls when they're in relationship. You say to justify his actions but just saying that girls hot or something isn't something that needs justifying

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending