The Student Room Group

UTI or STD

So the other night I went out with my friends and ended back at this guys house who I didn't know. We had mutual friends and he seemed really nice, he told his parents I was there and they were cool with it and stuff and the sex was amazing. But it was unprotected.

The only downside was that he was really huge, and he tore me a little bit - plus I needed a wee all the way during but his parents were asleep so I daren't go oops.

When I did finally pee the next morning I was peeing for ages like it just wouldn't stop but it was just trickling, but it didn't start hurting until now (2 days later).

I've had unprotected sex once before with the guy I've lost my virginity to (this guy was my third) so if I do have an STI then I won't know who gave me it, which is worrying me now because I'm meant to be seeing the guy I lost my virginity to on Saturday.

Now it really hurts to pee, like I've had a UTI before and it feels like that, but my friend said she had chlamydia before and she felt the same way I do now so I'm really panicking in case I've infected this guy because he was honestly lovely and guaranteed he's going to hate me if I have infected him.

I really don't know what to do, has anyone else experienced this and if so could you shed some light on it for me please? My friend's worrying me and I don't know what to do. Thanks.
I'm not a doctor, but it sounds like a UTI opposed to an STD.

Holding in urine can damage your kidneys as you're effectively creating a back up of stuff that needs to be turned into urine. I have this a lot myself and it's definitely not an STD!
Reply 2
Original post by Roving Fish
I'm not a doctor, but it sounds like a UTI opposed to an STD.

Holding in urine can damage your kidneys as you're effectively creating a back up of stuff that needs to be turned into urine. I have this a lot myself and it's definitely not an STD!

That's what I said to my friend but she told me that UTI's and STD's usually come hand in hand. I'm still definitively going to get tested just in case but it's really panicking me because I wouldn't want to do anything that could hurt anyone, especially this guy even though I barely know him.
Original post by Anonymous
That's what I said to my friend but she told me that UTI's and STD's usually come hand in hand. I'm still definitively going to get tested just in case but it's really panicking me because I wouldn't want to do anything that could hurt anyone, especially this guy even though I barely know him.

Yes, you should go and get tested.

Hope all turns out okay. You can tell them without saying that you slept with someone so close together. :smile:
Reply 4
Don't think an sti would present that quickly so your symptoms are less relevant. Of course you have put yourself at risk so should be investigated. Uti and sti are caused by different bacteria and require different antibiotics so they don't go hand in hand, although they may share some of the same risk factors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest