Has anybody got into uni with Btec Business Extended Diploma???

Watch
tyrese_98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I know the whole btec vs A Level questions are common and I know A Levels are better than btecs in many ways but I would honestly prefer to do a Btec Extended Diploma in Business alongside A Level Acounting and possibly A Level Economics or Communication & Culture.
Is anybody studying or has anybody studied any of these qualifications? Do people actually get into uni with btecs? Aston uni accept btecs at DDD along with most Russle Group Unis but im not sure if universities actually accept btec students as a lot of people recommened avoiding btecs at all costs!! Also do you think taking accouting will help my uni application:confused:

btw, I want to be a lawyer but would like to study business at undergrad and do the GDL after my degree.
EmEmTheFairy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have been accepted at the University of York and I have done a BTEC in health and social care. Don't worry, most unis will consider you!
Kavv
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Been accepted into Surrey, Leeds, Exeter, Bath (interview) and Kent with a BTEC Extended Diploma in Business.
faggstagram
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
don't let ppl discourage you from doing a btec. most unis consider them alongside other btecs, let alone alongside a levels. you'll b fine :-)
Magnus Taylor
Badges: 15
Report 5 years ago
I hate the snobbery attached to this.
Tbh it is the under performing students that take their suffering out by undermining the BTEC students.
Although I have achieved highly in A levels, I would not care sitting next to a BTEC student in my lectures.
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Durham (one of the best unis in the UK) accept BTEC Business for Management

Most others accept it as well, you shouldn't have a problem getting in

In my opinion BTEC prepares you better for certain courses, I got in to all 5 of my uni choices with my BTEC alone, also having a BTEC will make you more employable after you graduate
nottreece
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, I would recommend to do BTEC as most unis do consider them as i got accepted to all of options by applying with a BTEC. Once you have got into uni, your BTEC or A Levels will not really count for anything else anyway. These are just tend to be used as an entry into uni.

I did the BTEC extended diploma in business an achieved D*D*D* and it got me onto a BA Business course at Nottingham Trent University. Don't be put off from other people about BTEC's
Chlowah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do the BTEC Extended Diploma in Business, and received offers from Liverpool University D*D*D, Newcastle University DDM, Leeds Beckett - Unconditional, Manchester Met - DMM, and Northumbria - DDM.

Ive just finished the course with D*D*D*, so off to Liverpool in September!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (108)
28.05%
No - I have already returned home (51)
13.25%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (74)
19.22%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
10.13%
No - I live at home during term anyway (113)
29.35%

Watched Threads