urbanforestry
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I'm currently on my first year of BTEC Applied Science and planning on studying either zoology or biology at university (2016 entry). I've emailed the university regarding their acceptance of BTEC plus the units I am studying. However, given that it is Easter break I am not expecting a reply for a few weeks (or ever, Birmingham never replied to me!).

Just thought I'd post to see whether anyone here has gotten into Essex with their BTEC, regardless of whether it was for their biological sciences course or not

If you have gotten into Essex with your BTEC, for which course and what conditions were stated in your offer? thank you!
Yoru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by urbanforestry)
Hi, I'm currently on my first year of BTEC Applied Science and planning on studying either zoology or biology at university (2016 entry). I've emailed the university regarding their acceptance of BTEC plus the units I am studying. However, given that it is Easter break I am not expecting a reply for a few weeks (or ever, Birmingham never replied to me!).

Just thought I'd post to see whether anyone here has gotten into Essex with their BTEC, regardless of whether it was for their biological sciences course or not

If you have gotten into Essex with your BTEC, for which course and what conditions were stated in your offer? thank you!
I wouldn't worry too much. BTECs and A levels are considered equal by most uni's. It's really only the minority of uni's that don't take BTECs. I haven't taken biological sciences, but I would think what applied to me would apply to you.
I did double BTEC Business and A level Drama because I wanted to study Drama. I've bee accepted, provided I get two Distinctions and a B. Because I've finished Business with two A*s I'm hoping if I get an A in drama, I'll get a scholarship
I know it's not exactly Biology/Zoology, but I hope it was still some use to you and I wish you the best of luck!
urbanforestry
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yoru)
I wouldn't worry too much. BTECs and A levels are considered equal by most uni's. It's really only the minority of uni's that don't take BTECs. I haven't taken biological sciences, but I would think what applied to me would apply to you.
I did double BTEC Business and A level Drama because I wanted to study Drama. I've bee accepted, provided I get two Distinctions and a B. Because I've finished Business with two A*s I'm hoping if I get an A in drama, I'll get a scholarship
I know it's not exactly Biology/Zoology, but I hope it was still some use to you and I wish you the best of luck!
I actually found out that they wont consider my BTEC for their course! Kind of sucks, but thank you anyway!
Yoru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by urbanforestry)
I actually found out that they wont consider my BTEC for their course! Kind of sucks, but thank you anyway!
No way, really?? I'm sorry to hear that! Maybe because exams are a big part of science and btecs don't really offer that? Awh, well I hope you get into another uni!
urbanforestry
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yoru)
No way, really?? I'm sorry to hear that! Maybe because exams are a big part of science and btecs don't really offer that? Awh, well I hope you get into another uni!
I've found other universities I like just as much anyway, like Sussex^^
JohnLarkin2011
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got a conditional offer to study Criminology & American Studies and I am doing two BTEC and A-level English. I got a C at History at AS Level but never carried it to Year 13. Essex want Distinction and Merit in my two BTECS as well as a B in English
lewif002
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got in with level 3 BTEC's in engineering. Have to do a foundation course, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (63)
31.98%
No I don't (97)
49.24%
I work during the holidays (37)
18.78%

Watched Threads