The Student Room Group

A-Level Maths and Further Maths grades redistribution

Complicated question;

If for example, my M1 mark was used in my maths AS grade, after completing A2, can the M1 mark be redistributed to my Further Maths grade, or will it stay locked to maths?
Reply 1
Original post by ubisoft
Complicated question;

If for example, my M1 mark was used in my maths AS grade, after completing A2, can the M1 mark be redistributed to my Further Maths grade, or will it stay locked to maths?

As long as the centre re-cashes everything in every time you complete a qualification then they can all shift round to maximise your grades.

p.s. You can't use a unit twice (you have to complete 12 units overall fro Maths and FM) but you can move them around.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
As long as the centre re-cashes everything in every time you complete a qualification then they can all shift round to maximise your grades.

p.s. You can't use a unit twice (you have to complete 12 units overall fro Maths and FM) but you can move them around.

Sorry, what do you mean by 're-cashes'?

Bit of background: I did AS Maths and FM last year and doing A2 maths and FM this year. Basically what I'm asking is, the units that comprised my AS grades, can they be redistributed again after completing A2? (I am doing 12 units)
Reply 3
Reply 4
Original post by ubisoft
Sorry, what do you mean by 're-cashes'?

Bit of background: I did AS Maths and FM last year and doing A2 maths and FM this year. Basically what I'm asking is, the units that comprised my AS grades, can they be redistributed again after completing A2? (I am doing 12 units)

Yes.

Cashing-in is just an admin process to request an overall grade for an AS or A level. Once cashed-in, the units are locked into a qualification, but if the centre cashes everything in again this summer then then all the units can be moved round again to your best advantage. If it's a school that teaches FM then I am sure they will do this as a matter of course.
Reply 5
Alright, thank you very much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest