So I just took one of those online tests and apparently I agree with UKIP?! Watch

StormXibalba
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
https://voteforpolicies.org.uk

Took this test - Im from a working class background, first in my family to go to university. Consider myself to be to the left on the political spectrum but i just took this test and it said I'm 79% in favour of UKIP policies...

Im shocked haha, and I'm not really sure who to vote for yet either.
contradicta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You have to remember that the smaller parties can afford to have better policies in areas such NHS, schools etc cause they know they won't be in government and therefore can be a bit more loose with expensive promises.

I surprised myself too, I got 33% UKIP and also consider myself to be left-wing.
Grantland
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ain't nothing wrong with UKIP matey, you can't barrage the Farage.
StormXibalba
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Grantland)
Ain't nothing wrong with UKIP matey, you can't barrage the Farage.
I don't mind Farage, I'm undecided about EU membership and i definitely think we need to reduce immigration, but I don't agree with him on a lot else - or at least i didn't think i did.
Grantland
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by StormXibalba)
I don't mind Farage, I'm undecided about EU membership and i definitely think we need to reduce immigration, but I don't agree with him on a lot else - or at least i didn't think i did.
A lot of people are "shocked" when they first realise that they're in line with some UKIP policies, as the party is often demonised to look like they're Nazis/Fascists, etc. In reality, they do have good policies, but also bad policies, like any party. And as contradicta said, they're a minority party so they can afford to offer things that seem more ambitious than what Labour/Tories might offer.
VladThe1mpaler
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i didn't get any ukip and i consider myself to be very left wing

i'd be worried if i were you, obviously you're subconsciously a right wing nutter
XMaramena
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did it and got 42.9% Labour, then 28.6% equally between Green and Conservative. Conservative percentage probably came in when I was answering questions as a business owner in regards to tax cuts and startup support for small ventures.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (14)
5.93%
No (222)
94.07%

Watched Threads