A2 Edexcel Geography Unit 4 Cold Environments HELP!

Watch
vezzaroob
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Is anyone else studying Cold Environments? Which case studies are you using and a plan for the report? Any good revision material or articles?
I Just need help!!
username1495504
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am doing Iceland and Snowdonia for my case studies.

A website called coolgeography.co.uk has loads of information that is easy to understand on it to get you started. It has a silly name but it's really good.
vezzaroob
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Strawberry68)
I am doing Iceland and Snowdonia for my case studies.

A website called coolgeography.co.uk has loads of information that is easy to understand on it to get you started. It has a silly name but it's really good.
Thank you I'll have a look at that page now. No one else seems to be doing Cold Environments- its difficult to find help
aniaa123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have anyone's teachers given them possible questions? I don't understand what 'distributions' could ask
Amy0567
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Teacher has pointed out that the question could be similar to the June 2011 Cold Environments question!
Flather
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What case studies is everyone using? My teacher says I need relict: upland, lowland and periglacial and active: glacial alpine and periglacal
Acer123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Amy0567)
Teacher has pointed out that the question could be similar to the June 2011 Cold Environments question!

How? The pre release is on enquiry question 1
Amy0567
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Acer123)
How? The pre release is on enquiry question 1
Really sorry! Was meant to say January 2011 as it talks about the changing distribution of cold environments and the climatic processes of which can now be applied to the Quarternary glacial and interglacial periods
Acer123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can anyone post links for case studies that i can include for my report for example for quaternary, glacial, interglacial, periglacial, alpine, relict. Literally anything will be fine!
Acer123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Really sorry! Was meant to say January 2011 as it talks about the changing distribution of cold environments and the climatic processes of which can now be applied to the Quarternary glacial and interglacial periods

no worries
chatty
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We were told that as well. Keeping fingers crossed.
sam2222
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think we have it easy this year since its only EQ1 and EQ2, there is not much to learn, I can upload the revision powerpoint my teacher gave me if you guys need it
amzhen
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sam2222)
I think we have it easy this year since its only EQ1 and EQ2, there is not much to learn, I can upload the revision powerpoint my teacher gave me if you guys need it
Yes please!
sam2222
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by aniaa123)
Have anyone's teachers given them possible questions? I don't understand what 'distributions' could ask
I have a list of 22 possible questions need it?
sam2222
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by amzhen)
Yes please!
here you go https://mega.co.nz/#!WBgS0IiK!A641lI...dP5AkuiTankF_Q

it has all the case study you need, but my teacher said its a good idea to do extra research
aniaa123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have a list of 22 possible questions need it?
yes please!
sam2222
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yes please!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wcbagbnulm...c%208.pdf?dl=0
there you go, sorry its only a scan
Flather
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anyone got a good simple introduction that you can learn but adapt to each question. My teacher keeps saying its up to us how we lay out the introduction
aniaa123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wcbagbnulm...c%208.pdf?dl=0
there you go, sorry its only a scan
Oh my god we are so unprepared 😩 thank you!!
sam2222
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh my god we are so unprepared ������ thank you!!
I have not done much myself, since it is my last exam and I think there is not a lot to learn, just need to do more practice questions and get teacher to mark it, I did the mock the other day the teacher changed the questions I think I got a D or U , it was some wired questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
14.01%
I'm not sure (29)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (196)
31.56%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.09%
I'm not a current university student (296)
47.67%

Watched Threads