The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel Geography Unit 4 Cold Environments HELP!

Is anyone else studying Cold Environments? Which case studies are you using and a plan for the report? Any good revision material or articles?
I Just need help!!

Scroll to see replies

I am doing Iceland and Snowdonia for my case studies.

A website called coolgeography.co.uk has loads of information that is easy to understand on it to get you started. It has a silly name but it's really good.
Reply 2
Original post by Strawberry68
I am doing Iceland and Snowdonia for my case studies.

A website called coolgeography.co.uk has loads of information that is easy to understand on it to get you started. It has a silly name but it's really good.

Thank you :biggrin: I'll have a look at that page now. No one else seems to be doing Cold Environments- its difficult to find help
Reply 3
Have anyone's teachers given them possible questions? I don't understand what 'distributions' could ask
Reply 4
Teacher has pointed out that the question could be similar to the June 2011 Cold Environments question!
Reply 5
What case studies is everyone using? My teacher says I need relict: upland, lowland and periglacial and active: glacial alpine and periglacal
Reply 6
Original post by Amy0567
Teacher has pointed out that the question could be similar to the June 2011 Cold Environments question!

How? The pre release is on enquiry question 1
Reply 7
Original post by Acer123
How? The pre release is on enquiry question 1

Really sorry! Was meant to say January 2011 as it talks about the changing distribution of cold environments and the climatic processes of which can now be applied to the Quarternary glacial and interglacial periods
Reply 8
Can anyone post links for case studies that i can include for my report for example for quaternary, glacial, interglacial, periglacial, alpine, relict. Literally anything will be fine!
Reply 9
Original post by Amy0567
Really sorry! Was meant to say January 2011 as it talks about the changing distribution of cold environments and the climatic processes of which can now be applied to the Quarternary glacial and interglacial periods

no worries :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Amy0567

We were told that as well. Keeping fingers crossed.
Reply 11
I think we have it easy this year since its only EQ1 and EQ2, there is not much to learn, I can upload the revision powerpoint my teacher gave me if you guys need it
Reply 12
Original post by sam2222
I think we have it easy this year since its only EQ1 and EQ2, there is not much to learn, I can upload the revision powerpoint my teacher gave me if you guys need it

Yes please!
Reply 13
Original post by aniaa123
Have anyone's teachers given them possible questions? I don't understand what 'distributions' could ask

I have a list of 22 possible questions need it?
Reply 14
Original post by amzhen
Yes please!

here you go https://mega.co.nz/#!WBgS0IiK!A641lIdxWPSl14bCH9g6xsglw1isbdP5AkuiTankF_Q

it has all the case study you need, but my teacher said its a good idea to do extra research
Reply 15
Original post by sam2222
I have a list of 22 possible questions need it?
yes please!
Reply 16
yes please!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wcbagbnulml63io/New%20Doc%208.pdf?dl=0
there you go, sorry its only a scan
Anyone got a good simple introduction that you can learn but adapt to each question. My teacher keeps saying its up to us how we lay out the introduction
Reply 18

Oh my god we are so unprepared 😩 thank you!!
Reply 19
Oh my god we are so unprepared ������ thank you!!

I have not done much myself, since it is my last exam and I think there is not a lot to learn, just need to do more practice questions and get teacher to mark it, I did the mock the other day the teacher changed the questions I think I got a D or U :frown: , it was some wired questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending