The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Birmingham or Loughborough?

I am currently undecided between Lougborough and Birmingham.
I will be studying English and starting in 2015.
I am also very interested in Athletics and compete regularly - both seem to be very good for this though!
Any advice on which one would be the best one to choose?
Reply 1
Original post by JCB_101
I am also very interested in Athletics and compete regularly - both seem to be very good for this though!

definitely definitely Birmingham. I don't see any sort of reputation for Loughborough when it comes to English, and Birmingham is 13th in the league table.

I am at Birmingham, but I have visited Loughborough twice. Don't get dragged to Loughborough for the sport, please, it is the course that matters so much more and as you said, Birmingham has an extremely strong sport scene.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by JCB_101

Hello Jcb_101, I am a second year student at the university of Birmingham. In terms of Sport at Birmingham I just wanted to let you know how fantastic it is. We have a new state of the art sport centre being built on campus with a range of facilities including Birmingham's only 50m swimming pool, as well as a large multi purpose sports hall, a range of activity and fitness studios, a very extensive gym, 6 glass back squash courts and various other facilities. Birmingham has been in the top 3 in BUCS for the past 5 years out of 155 universities and Birmingham is know to excel in Athletics. These are just a few examples to demonstrates the fantastic facilities Birmingham offers for sport. If you have any further questions. Please don't hesitate to ask me :smile: Eleanor

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending