The Student Room Group

GCSE choices if transferring schools

Hiya, I'm a year 9 student who is expecting to move from Wales to London in the summer holidays. I've looked through a few schools and their curriculums and whatnot, but I was wondering if I would even have a choice in my GCSEs if I transfer schools during such a crucial time.

From your experiences or knowledge, could you please tell me if I would get a choice in my GCSEs if I transfer schools during the transitional periods between Year 9 and Year 10? I know for a fact that the students who transfer to my current school in-year do not get a say in what their GCSE choices are, unless they complain to the governors.

Also, if you live or go to a school in Kingston-upon-Thames or any of its neighbouring boroughs, please could you tell me your experiences with the school and which one is the best in your opinions? (Preferably with an active drama department i.e. school productions, drama clubs etc.) Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by ComedieMusicales
Hiya, I'm a year 9 student who is expecting to move from Wales to London in the summer holidays. I've looked through a few schools and their curriculums and whatnot, but I was wondering if I would even have a choice in my GCSEs if I transfer schools during such a crucial time.

There are no hard and fast rules - it entirely depends on where you go and what space they have. You are likely to have to fit in to whatever options they have space in; that may give you a decent choice or it may not.

Quick Reply

Latest