TheNervousWreck
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
What method do you use...flash cards, mind maps, questions, I want to know....

The process i do for almost everything is:
1. Make flash cards on a topic from revision guide (I pose questions to myself e.g. Define electronegativity?)
2. I then learn the flashcards off by heart....(this is the most painful part)
3. I then do topic specific questions
4. Then I do exam papers

I find this method really effective. I'm really not very clever and was always average at my school, however before I did my GCSE's i discovered this method and I managed to get straight A*'s..... )))!

I think it is so effective because you read, write, say out loud and learn all the information. (it's bound to go in at one of those stages).

So that's what I do, but what about you?
Radk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing AS maths, further maths, bio and chem and I mainly just do past papers.
I mark it and try to understand what i got wrong.
Before this, i understand the basic fundamentals of the theory and in chem i've also been doing questions by topic.
DeadEnd_96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I sometimes make small audio clips of certain topics in my subjects and then I listen those audio clips while i'm travelling to school in the bus, studying in the library and while i'm sleeping. Its a really effective revision method for audio learners.
TheNervousWreck
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by DeadEnd_96)
I sometimes make small audio clips of certain topics in my subjects and then I listen those audio clips while i'm travelling to school in the bus, studying in the library and while i'm sleeping. Its a really effective revision method for audio learners.
Wow, thats inventive and I imagine it is very effective. I would just hate to listen to my own voice all day.
DeadEnd_96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheNervousWreck)
Wow, thats inventive and I imagine it is very effective. I would just hate to listen to my own voice all day.
Yh after a few days I didn't really like listening to my own voice so I decided to be a bit spontaneous and recorded myself explaining the information in different accents. It surprisingly made it easier to remember the information and it was sort of funny at the same time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (626)
33.66%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (784)
42.15%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (367)
19.73%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.46%

Watched Threads