Blyts-_
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
"Debate the view that monetary policy is a far more effective form ofdemand management than fiscal policy"

What higher level evaluation points could be made for this question?
Schmitzel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
here are my personal suggestions, sorry if there not any good lol

-Depends upon the state of the economy, monetary policy, especially in the case of the UK now with interest rates at 0.5% could have very little effect as they can't drop much further. / or you could say if the economy was in a liquidity trap then fiscal policy is the only option, as monetary policy becomes ineffective.

-Fiscal policy greater impact in the short term. Interest rate cuts could take time to feed through in the economy. E.g. Those of fixed rate mortgages won't be effected, and in the case of the UK, that's a pretty large population (I think).

-Depends on what the government spends the money on.

-Crowding out (I would say this is analysis, not evaluation)

-Depends on confidence. If for say the future prospects of the economy are really bad, and the government cuts income tax, due to low confidence individuals may save the tax cut rather than spend it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (44)
37.29%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
10.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.24%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
24.58%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.25%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise