The Student Room Group

Revision Stress Tips?

Does anybody have any tips with dealing with revision stress? Every time I try to start my revision I get so stressed out. I've tried things like writing out a revision time table to keep on top of everything instead i got so worked up trying to write it out i messed it up 3 times (attempt 4 is lying under my bed uncompleted like a carcass i'm trying to forget about)

I'm starting to panic because my exams are in June. Literally everyone is asking me 'hows revision going?' I'm telling them its fine not to worry them but i'm feeling so overwhelmed I don't know where to begin.
Just start it. As cliche as it is, the best way to finish an unpleasant task is to get started. Forget about fancy revision plans and elaborate timetables for the moment; they almost always break down anyway and are oftentimes more hindrance than help. Just sit down and do some revision. Even if it's just for twenty minutes. The biggest and most intimidating barrier to anything in life is almost always the beginning. Drag yourself over that hurdle and you will be seriously surprised at how easy it is from them on! :tongue:
Reply 2
My exams are a month away. Honestly, break down your workload into tasks for each day and start from there.
Reply 3
Thanks I'll give it a shot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending