The Student Room Group

I can't revise for maths.

Maths for me too is to hard to understand, I dont understand it fully, how do I revise and absorb the information in? thanks for any tips

The questions I really struggle at however are shape questions, those for me are the hardest.
1) Have a look at some past papers
2) Highlight the questions you struggle with
3) Watch tutorial of topic on YouTube
4) Apply new knowledge to either exam questions or exercises from the book
5) Practice
6) A*
search HegartyMaths. Guaranteed atleast a C!!
MATHSWATCH is the way forward
It was very hard for me to revise for maths too, I revised for like 30 minutes but I got a C anyway and I'm terrible at maths. I'd suggest learning the basics first as help you get the most marks. If the advanced stuff is too hard to learn you could still get marks by just writing some bull working out.
Have you ever thought about getting a tutor?
Original post by Gozem
Maths for me too is to hard to understand, I dont understand it fully, how do I revise and absorb the information in? thanks for any tipsThe questions I really struggle at however are shape questions, those for me are the hardest.

First off lemme just start by saying that in my previous school we had two mindsets.."Set mindset..Growth mindset".. I assume you are intelligent enough to understand what that means.
Anyway.. The mentality that you have about maths, you won't get far with it believe me. Yes it seems daunting however there's a reason why you spend 5 years at secondary school learning. If your in year 11 and your not on point with the topics..start to worry..if your yr 10 you still have time..but trust me time flys by quick.
The only person that will help you is your self..you either know it or don't know it. In my opinion GCSE H maths is fairly easy.. Just have a good grasp of algebra and solving graphs.( ratio..trig vectors..tree diag.. Histo .. Cumulative freq..quadratic eq...trial and improv...surds.. Y=mx+c) you'll be fine.. Oh and when you mention"shape questions " be more specific..vectors? Trig? Loci? Working out angles?
I know it sounds like I'm putting you down but trust me..don't take as long as I did to wake up and work your ass off until your know everything.
Ps I got a A for maths ( 4 marks from A*)
1) write a list of all the topics you have covered.
2) highlight the topics you struggle with.
3) talk to your teacher, they may help and explain these topics.
4) do practice questions and past papers.

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest