The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

English Law and American Law

Very interested in this course and was wondering if anybody could give me any more insight? I understand that you have to be enrolled on the standard Law course initially before transferring over and that there is no guarantee of acceptance. Curious as to how competitive it is, etc. Thanks.
Someone I work with did this (assuming it's the Columbia one).

Sounds amazing, but competitive and I think quite expensive, he's from a wealthy background though so I don't know if there may be financial aid available for those who can't afford it.

Suspect a key issue is how much you're willing to sacrifice Fresher life in order to get the grades.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Le Nombre
Someone I work with did this (assuming it's the Columbia one).

Sounds amazing, but competitive and I think quite expensive, he's from a wealthy background though so I don't know if there may be financial aid available for those who can't afford it.

Suspect a key issue is how much you're willing to sacrifice Fresher life in order to get the grades.

Yes the Columbia one. Thanks for the reply.
You apply in second year of LLB. Two spots at KCL. I don't know numbers of people who apply, but I know of people who applied unsuccessfully. You pay Columbia tuition whilst you're there, so it is hugely expensive, and you have to be able to self-fund (no financial aid from KCL), so that rules some people out from applying unfortunately. You do also need excellent grades (at least in first year - but I know people who got firsts in first year and had a lot of fun, so doesn't necessarily mean sacrificing fresher's).

I know people who have done it and it sounds like an amazing experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest