Hortonn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Is anyone doing this unit that would like to share revision notes?
learner248
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i don't have any notes, any predictions on whats gonna come up?
learner248
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
did anyone else find question 2 horrendous?
Fenny1996
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any ideas on the mark scheme?
learner248
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fenny1996)
Any ideas on the mark scheme?
What do you mean?
username1494226
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mao is an interesting character. Now I don't do A level History(on a gap year to uni and last did history at GCSE and got a B) but I find history fascinating outside of the subject. Mao was a ruthless dictator who had the communist party wrapped around his finger. Be it throwing out the democratic party who fled to Taiwan, the Great Leap Forward or the Cultural Revolution, Mao demonstrated himself to be a ruthless and cunning man. He made China what it is today, for better or worse. There are quite a few good documentaries available on Mao and the rise of the communist party and China Uncensored gives a great account of the many things the communist party has done post-Mao. Chinese modern history after 1949 is very interesting
RbMalcolm
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by learner248)
did anyone else find question 2 horrendous?
Agreed.... revolutionary spirit of the youth.... what was AQA thinking
Hortonn
Rep:
?
(Original post by RbMalcolm)
Agreed.... revolutionary spirit of the youth.... what was AQA thinking
what did you write for it
RbMalcolm
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hortonn)
what did you write for it
It's all a blur tbh. but i remember making it clear in the intro that it's hard to quantify how far they were actually devoted to this "revolutionary spirit" or whether they were just doing it because they felt they had to. went on to say that "in this essay" i'm going to take the actions of the red guards as evidence for how much revolutionary spirit they all had etc etc.How did you approach it?
Hortonn
Rep:
?
It's all a blur tbh. but i remember making it clear in the intro that it's hard to quantify how far they were actually devoted to this "revolutionary spirit" or whether they were just doing it because they felt they had to. went on to say that "in this essay" i'm going to take the actions of the red guards as evidence for how much revolutionary spirit they all had etc etc.How did you approach it?
It was hard to agree. To agree I wrote about his cult of personality with the Little Red Book and how he tied them to the Party by making them kill in its name and how many Red Guards were absorbed into the CPC after the Cultural Revolution. I also wrote about the Zhang Tieshen incident.

And then for the counter-argument:
I wrote about how the reeducation in rural areas stopped the youth from believing his propaganda. I spoke about the Confucius day of the dead festival in memory of Zhou Enlai.

Thats all I can remember
RbMalcolm
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hortonn)
It was hard to agree. To agree I wrote about his cult of personality with the Little Red Book and how he tied them to the Party by making them kill in its name and how many Red Guards were absorbed into the CPC after the Cultural Revolution. I also wrote about the Zhang Tieshen incident.

And then for the counter-argument:
I wrote about how the reeducation in rural areas stopped the youth from believing his propaganda. I spoke about the Confucius day of the dead festival in memory of Zhou Enlai.

Thats all I can remember
completely forgot about the red book ): but yeah the thing about giving youth born rich to be "red by action" should be a pretty good point to make.What did you say about source C? was a bit of a weird one....
Hortonn
Rep:
?
completely forgot about the red book ): but yeah the thing about giving youth born rich to be "red by action" should be a pretty good point to make.What did you say about source C? was a bit of a weird one....
Well it was written by a Red Guard wasn't it, so I just wrote that it gives us first hand evidence that that Mao was successful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (0)
0%
They've been reasonable (3)
50%
Not feeling great... (3)
50%
They are TERRIBLE! (0)