The Student Room Group

Geography AQA Coursework Risk Assessment

Hi! I'm trying to prepare for my controlled assessment on a CBD. I have to write a risk assessment and I have no clue how to do it!? If anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 1
For my geography coursework I had to do a risk assessment. If I remember correctly, I'd (in a table) write:
-What you were doing/surveying
-What the possible risk was
-Possible repercussions of the risk
-How likely is it to happen (scale of 1-5)
-How dangerous is it (scale of 1-5)
-What you are doing to manage the risk

Hope this helps :smile:
Hi pateg051,
I'm doing the WJEC A/S course and I am also doing CBD's but I'm doing it for my exam and not for my coursework.

I made a few notes on the risk assessment and they are as followed...
- What's the hazard?
- How does the hazard become a risk?
- How can how can the risk be minimized?
- What is the likely hood of it happening?
- What should you do if the risk injures/affects anyone?
- How do I help the person?
- Will it affect passer by's or members of the group?
- How can approach the risk next time?

Here's an example from mine when I went to Cardiff Bay...
-Hazard: Water in the bay;
-Risk: Pupils falling in the water;
-Minimized: Keep pupils away from a safe distance from the water if there is no fence available;
-Likely hood: Unlikely;
-How do risks risk injure/affect: Pupil could go into shock in the water if he/she falls in;
-How do I help the person: Throw life buoy into water, call 999 and ask for ambulance etc;
-Affect anyone else: Yes, someone could go into water and save them but could also go into shock;
-How to approach next time: Tell pupils to keep away from water or don't go anywhere with water in the next field trip.

This is the example my teacher gave me when we done it in lesson. I hope this will be helpful to you in your coursework and will give you the best marks!

Best of Luck,

Paul
A-Level Geography and History Student.
hi

Quick Reply